Chapter 18

What's the worst way to spend Valentine's Day?

Alone and pregnant.

I was exactly three months away from my due date, and it wasn't helping that Doctor Evans said that I would be experiencing hormonal swings during this time. The current hormonal swing wanted sex. And Harry wasn't here. Wonderful.

And what makes the situation even worse?

The tabloids.

Three of the four magazines that I had read in my freetime today had me walking out of the hospital alone on the front cover. The headlines read something along the lines of, "Lonely Mommy on Valentine's Day" and "She's Got a Tummy to Keep Her Company".

I had really only done two interviews since Harry and I announced everything.

But the press decided to use almost everything that I had said.

I read one of the articles with a look of complete astonishment on my face.

'Rachel Paxton has had to deal with much love, along with hate, lately. Her and her boyfriend of eigth months, One Direction member Harry Styles, announced that they were engaged AND expecting last month. Rachel, who is approximately six months pregnant, has been seen making multiple trips to the hospital, creating speculation of a difficulty in her pregnancy.

Ms. Paxton spoke up about Harry being on tour during her final trimester last week in an interview with Chelsea Handler on Chelsea Lately on Monday night last week. When asked what the hardest thing was, she responded by saying, "It would probably be him not being able to go to the appointments with me. We Skype at night almost everyday, but it just doesn't seem good enough. Maybe when the little one is actually here I won't be so lonely." She laughed off most of the rumors, but when asked about a rumor that he had cheated earlier in her pregnancy she froze. She responded with, "There was a situation that I had overreacted about, but it turned out to be nothing. Just a misunderstanding."

Although Rachel and Harry's relationship may have caused thousands of teenage girls' hearts to break, we definitely approve. As long as we get some of the first exclusive pics of baby Styles.

I laughed at the last paragraph as I put the magazine down and turned my laptop on.

Twitter was a waste now. The only thing that I would see was ideas for baby names and hate, and frankly, I didn't need either of those.

I looked for articles online, but they were all the same thing.

I was officially the lonely expectant mommy. Isn't that wonderful...

My computer beeped with a Skype request.

Harry.

I smiled and click accept.

"Hello, love! I miss you!" Harry yelled.

"He won't shut up about you, Rachel. Please, tell him to shut up for the sake of One Direction," Louis begged from somewhere in the background.

"I miss you too, Curly. You missed it. Last night our baby was kicking like crazy. I think he or she misses Daddy," I told him with a small smile.

"Can I see your belly? I haven't seen it since I left. It's bigger right?" he asked. I nodded and stood up. I pulled my shirt up above my stomach so he could see my ever growing stomach. His eyes lit up, and I could tell just how awestruck he was.

"I miss you so much. I just want to you come home," I told him.

"Only seventy days left," he reminded me.