Chapter 20

The day was finally here. 

I was in my last hour of being Rachel Paxton. Soon I would be Rachel Styles. It felt weird on my tongue when I said it, but there was something special to it. 

I was all ready to walk down the aisle. I had been for over two hours now. I was so anxious that I had gotten ready before some of the girls even arrived at my house. 

When they walked through the door their mouths dropped open. The dress highlighted my best features, one of which was my stomach for the time being. I sat back and watched as the other girls got their hair and make up done. They all resorted to taking pictures with the camera that Zoey had brought while they had nothing to do. 

Finally everyone was completely finished, and they all looked beautiful. 

Just as Harry had planned, a sleek black limo arrived to take us to the location. Harry and I had carefully chosen a beachfront venue in Santa Monica that overlooked the water. I had fallen in love with it the minute I saw it, and I knew that was were we would be getting married. No doubt about it. 

We arrived at the beach, and I was immediately ushered into a small building that had been set up. It had a mirror and a couch with matching chairs in it, but nothing more. It was simply for me to hide while everyone waited. 

One by one the girls were ushered out of the room. Bre with Zayn, Jess with Niall, Liam with Gemma, and Zoey with Louis. 

Now it was my turn. I waited for the wedding march to start before the doors opened to reveal me. Dad was waiting there for me, holding his arm out for me to take. I smiled at him and linked my arm onto his. 

"You look beautiful," he said. I smiled up at him once more and began to search for Harry. 

I found his face instantly, and his smile warmed my heart and gave me butterflies, but maybe that was just the baby kicking. Whichever. 

We walked slowly down the aisle, and I smiled at every familiar face that I saw. 

When we reached the alter Dad kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear, "You may not have known it before, but you'll always be Daddy's little girl." 

I hugged him as tightly as I could with my stomach. When I let go he walked away, and I gave my bouquet to Zoey to hold onto during the ceremony. 

After waiting for everyone to settle back into their seats the priest began.

"Welcome everyone. Harry and Rachel have chosen you, those special and important to them, to witness and celebrate the beginning of their life together. Today, as we create this marriage, we also create a new bond and new sense of family - one that will undoubtedly include all who are present here today," he said.

"True marriage is more than joining the bonds of marriage of two persons; it is the union of two hearts. It lives on the love you give each other and never grows old, but thrives on the joy of each new day. Marriage is love. May you always be able to talk things over, to confide in each other, to laugh with each other, to enjoy life together, and to share moments of quiet and peace, when the day is done. May you be blessed with a lifetime of happiness and a home of warmth and understanding." He looked at us expectantly. "I understand you prepared your own vows, am I right?" he asked.

"Yes," I answered. I began to read from the piece of paper that Zoey handed me. "Harry, I love you with my whole heart, and my entire belly." I rubbed my swollen stomach, and I could hear laughter coming from the guests. "It took me less than a year to fall so helplessly head over heels with you. You're my friend, my lover, and the father of my child. Through everything that may come, I promise to love and support you. I promise to always be true to you and never leave your side. I promise I will be your equal partner in an loving, honest relationship, for as long as we both shall live." I slid the ring onto his finger as a tear slid down my face.