three

three

It had already been several days since Sehun's encounter with the boy at the roof, and every single day, he went to the same spot to see if he'd ever find that boy again. But each attempt resulted in failure, Sehun ending up all alone. He had figured he scared the boy away—the way he panicked and ran away from Sehun obviously showed that he didn't want anything to do with him.

Sehun figured that going up to the roof was a routine for the boy—only now, it was a routine he had ruined.

But, it was a nice day out—only a few tufts of white floated in the sky and the sun had been beaming at its highest temperatures. Sehun had been in a rather good mood as well—one last try wouldn't hurt anyone.

He made his way up the same flight of stairs he had walked every day for the past week. It seemed as if each time, the journey became easier and less tiring.

As he opened the heavy door to the open roof, a gust of fresh air pushed against his body.The warmth of the sun felt comfortable on his pale skin, it shining so bright he had to squint. It took several seconds for his eyes to adjust, but once they did, he noticed the silhouette of someone sitting on the edge of the building. Finally.

Sehun took a seat next to the boy. He smiled at the familiar sight of Sehun.

"You're back."

Sehun chuckled quietly to himself. Then, he asked the question that had been surfacing his mind since their first encounter.

"Why are you always up here Or were always up here," Sehun asked, his eyes still slightly shut because of the intense light coming from the sun.

The boy let out a breath. "It's really not what you're probably thinking," he explained. "It's more like a hideout. My safe haven. But, if I do feel like...you know. Jumping. I just come up here and force myself not to. It lets me have control of something. It's a good feeling."

Sehun nodded his head, understanding the boy's tactics. "I'm sorry you even have to feel like jumping." He felt uncomfortable being told all this personal information about someone who was pretty much a stranger. The sad part was Sehun didn't want to be his stranger.

"It's okay. You get used to it."

There was an awkward silence between the two. Sehun looked beneath his feet where students gathered around in their groups and drove off in their cheap cars. He wished things could be that way again—he'd almost always hang out with his friends after the long school day. They'd always go out to the city and look for trouble or something to keep them occupied. At least something to distract them from the stressful school life they had to endure on the daily. Sure, it was nice, and a distraction—but Sehun knew in his gut it wasn't his place. He'd always end up watching them enjoy themselves. Their "fun" was considered messing with just about anyone who crossed their paths or doing the worst drugs available. The one time Sehun actually got involved in their trouble ended up resulting in a broken nose and the arrest of one of his friends. But otherwise, since Sehun met roof-boy, he spent his after-school hours trying to find him.

"Well. I have homework," the boy said out of the blue, hopping off the ledge of the building and grabbing his backpack from the ground. Sehun watched, wishing he could think of something to say to make the boy stay. Nothing came to mind.

The boy had already reached the exit, but stopped when Sehun yelled after him.

"Wait," he shouted. The boy froze and turned around. "What's your name?" Sehun stepped down from the ledge, leaning against it and crossing his arms.

The boy grinned and looked down at the concrete. "It's Junmyeon."

"I'm Sehun."