seventeen

seventeen

THE ONLY THING SEHUN WANTED that dark night was closure. Closure for why Yixing was dead. Closure for who did this to him. And not only that, but closure for if Junmyeon ever wanted to see Sehun again.

It had been multiple days since Sehun had to watch Yixing die. And each day went by slower and slower. The image kept creeping back into his mind at the worst times—most of those times were in his sleep. He'd wake up drenched in sweat, the moment where Yixing was shot would play in his head. It was terrifying.

He hadn't talked to Junmyeon since the day they were caught. That seemed to have been killing Sehun the most.

He knew showing up at Junmyeon's window this late at night could end badly, but not as bad as he would feel if he went any longer without seeing Junmyeon's face. He needed to talk to someone about the situation.

Three soft knocks on the window was all it took. Junmyeon raised the blinds, revealing his somber face and messy room. He winced as he lifted the window.

They just looked at each other for a while, Junmyeon unsure of what to say, and Sehun unsure of how to address the situation.

"Can I come in?" Sehun asked quietly as he rested his hand on the pane of the window. Junmyeon simply nodded.

"Just whisper okay? My dad is home," Junmyeon instructed as Sehun made himself comfortable in the tiny bedroom.

Sehun sat on the bed, Junmyeon doing the same. Junmyeon could tell something was off, for Sehun almost never acted this way around him. He could even see tears slightly forming in his eyes.

"What's going on?" Junmyeon asked as he placed a hand over Sehun's. The younger stayed quiet for a while.

"Yixing, he..." Sehun started, staring at the ground. "He died a few days ago. He was shot while in a fight or something, and it's just been so difficult. I had to watch him die. And now I always picture the moment he was shot. He was a good person. He didn't deserve that."

Junmyeon pulled Sehun closer in his arms once Sehun let a tear fall down his face. Junmyeon lifted his head so he wouldn't have to watch Sehun cry. He had never seen the boy cry—he didn't want to start now.

"I'm sorry, Sehun. You didn't deserve to see him die, either." Junmyeon tightly held his hand. Sehun wasn't really crying anymore. His breathing stayed normal, just the tears falling down his face representing the mourning he had been enduring.

As Sehun rested his head on Junmyeon's shoulder and leaned into his side, he finally felt the closure he had been searching for. Junmyeon still accepted him. He still cared for him. It was okay. They were okay.

But Junmyeon didn't seem as okay as Sehun had wished.

"Are you alright?" Sehun asked as he wiped a tear from his face. Junmyeon breathed in deeply.

"I guess, yeah. It was hard not seeing you all these days," Junmyeon explained quietly. Sehun looked at Junmyeon's hand. He wasn't wearing the bracelet. He felt himself hurt even more.

He brushed his fingers over Junmyeon's wrist. Another tear fell. Instead of speaking of it, Sehun just laced his fingers between Junmyeon's and gripped his hand.

And they sat there. Peacefully with one another again. Close and holding hands. Just what they both had wanted. But as always, good things come to an end.

"You," the door swung open, a cold breeze entering the room along with the drunken self of Junmyeon's father. His eyes were sunken, probably caused by the intake of the beer he held in his hand. "I told you if you did this again, you'd be done." His words slurred as he shouted at his son. Sehun sat up, keeping a blank expression. Junmyeon was the same. His face was bland, so much you couldn't tell what emotions he had been feeling. His eyes wide, pulling back tears. mouth in a straight line, eyebrows relaxed.