eleven

eleven

Sehun looked startled when he opened the door to Junmyeon. It had only been an hour since they saw each other, but the boy had thought they wouldn't see each other until the next day. At first, Sehun was happy to see Junmyeon. That is until he saw the look on his face. The same look he had when Sehun first interrupted him on the roof. Like he was terrified.

"Junmyeon," Sehun greeted. "Are you alright?" He opened the door further, Junmyeon then walking inside. He felt envious of the beautiful and put-together home. That was something he could only dream of having.

"N-no," Junmyeon stuttered. He tried to think of a way to tell Sehun what happened, but he couldn't, for he still was processing what his father did.

Sehun didn't speak. He just pulled Junmyeon into his arms. "What happened?"

Junmyeon couldn't talk, for his face was buried in Sehun's neck. He just continued to breathe deeply. Sehun held him tighter.

"I can't go back," Junmyeon mumbled. "I never want to go back."

Sehun let go of Junmyeon before wiping a tear from the boy's cheek. It scared him, seeing Junmyeon this way. He had no clue he even had the ability to cry. He was like a rock—Sehun had only seen Junmyeon smile. That was the only emotion he had ever seen from him. Until now.

"It's okay. Let's go upstairs." Sehun took Junmyeon's hand. They went began to walk up the steps.

Junmyeon sat on Sehun's bed. He wanted to not talk about what happened, but lay there and hold Sehun's hand and listen to whatever his new favorite song was.

Sehun pulled the comforter open, allowing Junmyeon to get under them. He pulled the blanket over Junmyeon before climbing under them himself. Junmyeon just stared at the ceiling. Sehun stared at him as he did so.

"Just sleep here tonight. Don't worry about school. We'll ditch tomorrow." Sehun smiled as Junmyeon turned to face him. Looking at him made every problem seem to go away. Perfect.

"What about your parents?" Junmyeon questioned shakily.

"They'll understand. They're foster parents."

Junmyeon searched beneath the duvet to find Sehun's hand. He did, and it felt even softer and more pure. Sehun let out a chuckle as he squeezed Junmyeon's hand.

"Can you put on some music?" Junmyeon asked. Without hesitating, Sehun reached behind him for his phone that rested on the table next to his bed. He turned it on, then searched for a good song for that moment. Fix You, Coldplay.

Junmyeon had heard this song before. He felt the need to cry even more, but he didn't.

Sehun let go of Junmyeon's hand, moving it to the boy's face. Junmyeon shut his eyes as Sehun's hand brushed over the area his dad had hit him. Sehun moved his hand from Junmyeon's face down to his arm. He lightly stroked it, Junmyeon feeling his delicate fingers beneath his long sleeved shirt.

I will try to fix you.

Sehun softly kissed Junmyeon, but this time, he made sure it lasted longer. Junmyeon didn't pull away. Sehun smiled.

"What?" Junmyeon laughed. Sehun stayed quiet. He turned on Kiss You by One Direction. Junmyeon laughed again, Sehun doing the same. The two just giggled uncontrollably as the youthful voice of Harry Styles filled their ears.

"I seriously want to know why you have this in your music library," Junmyeon said as he shoved Sehun in the shoulder. Sehun shoved him back.

"Shh, or else Eunmi and Dongchul will wake up." Sehun calmed down as he pulled the blanket further over the both of them. Sehun leaned over Junmyeon's face, admiring its features in the dim light. Junmyeon glared back at him, trying to hold in his laughter.

Baby say yeah, and let me kiss you.

"I'd be able to take you much more seriously if you'd change the song. Please," Junmyeon whispered before Sehun could kiss him again. Sehun started laughing. Again.

He calmed down and started playing The Fault In Our Stars by Troye Sivan.

Sehun kissed him again. He really kissed him. Junmyeon set his hand on the back of Sehun's neck, pulling him closer. He felt every problem—school, his father, himself—slip away as Sehun's lips locked onto his. He felt the pain pulsing in his head subside as Sehun caressed his cheek.

It's determined and demanding to ache, but I'm okay.

Junmyeon decided he liked this song more than Robbers. The voice of the singer was warm and soothing, just like how Sehun's mouth felt against Junmyeon's.

The two stopped their kissing once Sehun burrowed his face in the crook of Junmyeon's neck. Junmyeon wrapped his arms around the younger's lower back. Silence grew between them, except for the low-pitched vocals of Troye Sivan.

"My dad hit me," Junmyeon admitted. Sehun didn't speak or move, but placed a small peck on Junmyeon's neck. "It had been months since he did anything like it. I thought he was starting to come around."

"I'll protect you from him. It will be okay, my foster parents can help you."

"You don't need to do that, Sehun. It'll enrage him even more."

Sehun lifted his head. "I don't want you getting hurt. If it will keep you happy, then that's what I'll have to do."

I just wanna see the stars with you.

Another kiss.

"Go to sleep," Junmyeon ordered as he made himself more comfortable beneath the comforter. No more Troye had been singing in his ears, but now, a somber piano melody started. The notes were covered by a dark, inaudible voice. Junmyeon glared at Sehun with confusion.

"Sleep, My Chemical Romance."

Junmyeon chuckled. "I can't fall asleep to this."

Sehun sighed. He played To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra, then reached for Junmyeon's hand and held it. He rubbed his thumb over Junmyeon's palm. Junmyeon now had his full attention on Sehun as he began to drift off to sleep. Even in his slumber, he was still Sehun. Even in his slumber, he was still perfect.

Junmyeon scolded himself. He had fallen in love.