five

five

"I'll be here once you're done," Sehun told his sister as she walked further into the building. She didn't say anything, usual. The two had always been distant, no matter how hard Sehun tried to get rid of the space between them. He would always ask himself exactly why she became this way, but it always goes back to the same thing. Sehyeon.

The weekly routine had become more and more boring as time passed. Yeseul would have her therapy session while Sehun waited and listened to music in the car. Today, he was feeling relieved, knowing he wouldn't have to see Yixing and the others for another few days. He turned on some Bastille.

Sehun looked through the windshield at the people who occasionally walked in and out of the building. They all seemed rather normal, but they weren't. They were just like his sister—they had to see a professional who could diagnose them with whatever mental illness they had to live with. Except Yeseul had to talk about how she was found doing crack with her boyfriend in the basement, resulting in her being separated from the only family she had left. Along with that, she'd have to discuss how both her brothers had been part of the same gang, which hurt her more than it hurt anyone else. She would have to talk about how bad behavior just ran through her blood.

As Oblivion came to an end over the speakers, Sehun realized how he had begun to doze off. The overcast weather hadn't made him feel the most energetic that day, along with the pressing visit he had to have with Yeseul. It wasn't exactly the best idea of brother-sister bonding time—taking each other to therapy. But, being separated in the foster system was something that would take a rather long time to fix. They had already lost Sehyeon—they didn't want to lose each other. The idea of Yeseul still being affected by not only Sehun's behavior, but Sehyeon being far off in a penitentiary, had ultimately made Sehun feel down.

That is until Junmyeon showed up.

Sehun watched as the boy exited the building, pausing to hold the door open for the following person. Gentleman.

Sehun didn't know if he should at least acknowledge him, or if he'd be better off hiding to avoid further awkwardness. But before he could really come up with a way out of it, Sehun hurriedly left the car and ran after Junmyeon who had begun walking down the sidewalk. The boy was wearing a gray sweatshirt and had his backpack hanging from his shoulders. Sehun took a good look at the figure, just to make sure it was really Junmyeon. But it didn't take long for him to notice the small yet bright eyes he had, along with his light-brown hair that seemed to be in its perfect position, to know for sure that it was Junmyeon.

"Junmyeon?" Sehun shouted, grabbing the boy's attention. Junmyeon smiled as he turned around, walking back towards Sehun's direction.

"Hey Sehun," Junmyeon greeted as a small smile formed on his face. "What are you doing here?"

Sehun sighed as he glanced at the building next to them. "I bring my sister here for therapy."

Junmyeon pursed his lips, obviously not wanting to explain his reasons for being at a psychologists' office.

There was an awkward silence—one Sehun knew would come to occur. The only option to get rid of it was to speak.

"I wonder why we keep running into each other." Sehun laughed as he leaned against the building.

"Fate, I guess," Junmyeon said before walking away.