twenty three

twenty threesix months later

Sehun—

I really hope you're okay. Not even a minute passes by where you aren't on my mind. I'm just so worried about you. Not knowing what you're doing every second of the day the way I did when I was back home is really scary.

What's probably worrying you is if I'm okay. I am. I made a good friend at a bar around here and he's been letting me stay with him. His name is Yunseok. He's not like you, though. He's kind of intimidating. His friends are kind of scary as well. They all drink a lot and smoke and stuff like that. But he was nice enough to let crash at his place.

I've been trying to find a job, but it's difficult. Being a high school drop-out with no skill whatsoever makes it hard to be accepted in any area. That means I'm practically broke. That also means I've been "borrowing" money from Yunseok. He probably doesn't care, since he brings home hundreds of dollars every day. I'm pretty sure he's selling drugs. It's probably a bad idea for me to be staying with him, but it's all I can do right now.

Sehun, please don't come for me. It's not that I don't want to see you, because I really do. First of all, where I'm staying is much too far away from home. I took several buses after the train to get where I am now. Also, I don't want to distract you. You have to prepare for your final year in school. I want you to do well—I don't want you to turn out like me. I want you to finish school then go to a good university and pursue your dreams. Knowing that would make me so happy, so please, just focus on yourself, okay?

Another thing is that I want you to make more friends. I don't want to think about you being lonely right now. I'll feel too sad. I know you have Jongin and Chanyeol, but like you said, they're bad people. Try to stay away from them the way you did when we were together. I don't want you getting back into those bad habits again. So, just open your mind this upcoming school year and make a friend or two. For me.

If you want to, you can forget about me. You can be with other guys and even girls if you want. Don't hold yourself back from loving another person just because of me, okay? Life is short. Do what you want with it. Don't let me hold you back. I'm nothing now. Just know that I'm not forgetting you.

I love you still. I always will.

With love,

Junmyeon

P.S. write me back something so I know you're going to do what I've told you in this letter. I'd love to see how you're doing as well.