thirty two

thirty two

SEHUN HAD STILL BEEN SLEEPING. He seemed lifeless. His body was weak, his eyes seemed permanently shut, and his skin was dark and worn. That didn't stop Junmyeon from admiring Sehun.

Yeseul was sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed, while Junmyeon kneeled next to where Sehun had been resting. Junmyeon held the younger's hand loosely, stroking the back of his hand with his thumb.

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

Sehun continued his slumber, Junmyeon wanted to touch his face, feel his heartbeat, run his fingers through his spacey-black hair. Junmyeon just wanted things to be normal again, but in the back of his mind, he knew that would never happen again.

"It's almost been twenty-four hours. I'm worried," Yeseul commented with a shaky voice, getting up and walking closer to the bed. She stared at her brother. "I already lost my other brother. I can't lose Sehun."

Junmyeon stood up, but still held onto Sehun's hand. "You won't lose him."

"It kind of feels like I already lost him, though." Yeseul sighed. She glanced at Junmyeon. He was gazing at Sehun as if it were the last time he would look at him. Junmyeon's eyes were wide and still, so was the hand that gripped onto Sehun's fingers.

"How much did you love him?" Yeseul asked, now looking at her brother again. Junmyeon sat down on the small space left on the bed. He let go of Sehun's hand.

"I was in love with him before I even knew what love was. And I still am."

Junmyeon softly traced his hand up and down the length of Sehun's body, making sure it was really him, not just a figment of his imagination. His hand then crept towards Sehun's chest. Junmyeon lightly placed his hand over Sehun's heart. It beat slowly but steadily. Junmyeon felt the air in his lungs escape him as he let out a breath of relief.

"It's really him, isn't it," Junmyeon whispered. He felt himself begin to smile as he fully realized that this was the same Sehun he had been in love with, the same Sehun he had kissed and touched and held all those nights years ago.

Junmyeon now caressed Sehun's cheek. It was still soft and perfect, the way it always was. As Junmyeon felt Sehun's fragile skin beneath his fingertips, the younger's eyelids fluttered, quiet groans escaping him. Junmyeon immediately stood, backing away from the bed. Yeseul look his spot on the bed.

"He did this a few times last night. He might just fall back asleep." Yeseul pulled the light blankets over Sehun's shoulders, keeping him warm. He shifted beneath the covers. His eyes were open.

"Hun," Yeseul spoke. "Are you up?"

Sehun just stared at her, not saying a word. He just nodded. Junmyeon felt like crying again. Yeseul placed her hand on Sehun's shoulder, then lightly touching his forehead. The room was so silent, Junmyeon's head began to ache. He wanted to hear Sehun's voice. That was all.

"Junmyeon is here," Yeseul said. Sehun didn't answer. He just looked at Junmyeon. His eyes were glossy with tears. He had a longing appearance on his face. Sehun pulled his hand from beneath the covers, reaching for Junmyeon.

"Hi," Junmyeon breathed. He grabbed onto Sehun's hand that reached for him. He placed his other hand on the younger's face. Sehun smiled. "I missed you."

Yeseul stood, allowing Junmyeon to sit on the bed. A tear fell down Sehun's cheek. Junmyeon leaned forward, wiping it away. Sehun held onto the hand that held his face.

"I missed you more." Sehun's voice was quiet and much deeper. Junmyeon just looked at him. He fell in love all over again.

"How are you feeling?" Junmyeon asked. Sehun detached his gaze from Junmyeon's eyes.