fifteen

fifteen

"THIS IS A REALLY BAD IDEA," Junmyeon told Sehun as they both let themselves lazily fall onto Junmyeon's twin bed. It was only wide enough for Sehun's entire body to fit, Junmyeon having to curl up in the younger's side. The two didn't care, though.

"You said your dad was working tonight. We'll be fine," Sehun reassured as he pulled Junmyeon closer. Junmyeon loved it when him and Sehun were like this—it made him feel like he truly belonged to Sehun. Like nobody could take him away from him.

The two lay in silence, nothing but their slow breathing was to be heard. Sehun slowly stroked Junmyeon's hair as he rested on Sehun's chest.

"Are you feeling okay?" Sehun asked once minutes of pure quiet passed. He wanted to make sure nothing bad had happened between Junmyeon and his father recently.

"Yeah. It's just never this quiet," Junmyeon replied. He looked up at Sehun, who had been staring at their legs ahead of them. He placed a kiss on Sehun's cheek, causing the boy to grin. "I don't think I've ever told you how beautiful you are."

Sehun sat up more, Junmyeon doing the same. "You're the beautiful one here."

"You're right. I'm beautiful, but you're perfect."

Another kiss on the cheek. Junmyeon placed a hand on the side of Sehun's face, gently caressing his smooth skin. He started staring at the younger's lips. Perfect. He softly kissed them.

Junmyeon grinned, shutting his eyes. Sehun giggled at the boy's shyness, then pulling Junmyeon even closer to Sehun. "You're cute, Jun."

"Hunnie, just play some music, okay? I'm distracting you," Junmyeon said as he brushed his hand up and down the side of Sehun's torso. The younger rolled his eyes and grabbed his phone, searching for a good song to play.

In Too Deep, Lost Frequencies.

Sehun placed his hands on the small of Junmyeon's back, pulling his body closer. A rush of adrenaline ran through both of their bodies, a rush so strong that their hearts started to pound. Junmyeon couldn't get himself to catch his breath, and Sehun noticed.

Sehun lifted his head and leaned over Junmyeon to kiss him. On that tiny bed, they couldn't do anything but just be close. They both liked that.

I will try to let you go if we get in too deep.

Sehun couldn't help but feel deja vu from the night Junmyeon and Sehun were just there, together, wrapped in each other's arms as their lips moved in synch with one another. How they seemed to have held hands all eight hours of their slumber. How they both seemed to fall into the deepest pit of love that could have existed.

As their lips moved with one another's, Junmyeon brought his hands down to Sehun's hips. With that, he pulled Sehun's red long-sleeve shirt over his head. Then, Junmyeon realized that he was even more perfect. His body was skinny, but not too skinny. He looked healthy. Junmyeon knew that if he were to take his shirt off, Sehun would freak out, because Junmyeon was too skinny. The bad kind of skinny.

The younger ran his hands through Junmyeon's hair, eventually placing his kisses along Junmyeon's jawline and down his neck. Sehun noticed the stillness that was Junmyeon's body, detaching his lips from the boy's skin. He looked at Junmyeon longingly.

"What is it?" Sehun asked.

Junmyeon inhaled a sharp breath as he looked towards the door. Sehun saw tears forming in his eyes. Junmyeon looked terrorized, like he just saw a ghost pass right before him. But when Sehun turned his head, it was worse than a ghost.

Junmyeon's father slammed the door so hard, Sehun was surprised it didn't just fall off its hinges. Sehun sat up, his body detaching from Junmyeon's. He watched as the older just lay there startled.

"Jun—"

"You should go. Just leave, please." Junmyeon's voice cracked as he spoke. But Sehun didn't want to leave—he wanted to stay and comfort Junmyeon. He didn't want to let his father hurt him. He wanted to protect him, like he promised.

"Just let me stay, okay?" Sehun reached for Junmyeon's hand.

"If you stay, he'll hurt you too. Please, just go."

Sehun quickly put his shirt back on then searched the room for his sneakers. Junmyeon stayed in the bed, frozen.

He opened the window, the room suddenly filling with cold air. Sehun shivered as he maneuvered his way out the window. Junmyeon didn't watch. He just tried not to cry. But the second he heard those hard footsteps making their way up the wooden stairs and towards Junmyeon's room, he let them fall.

"I'll give you five seconds to explain," Junmyeon's father instructed sternly, his words slurring slightly. He was drinking—but was he not?

Junmyeon panicked to think of an easier way to say, yeah, I'm gay.

Five seconds goes by fast.

A slap at his head.

Another tear fell.

"Why the hell were you making out with another guy? Huh?" His father grabbed his arm harshly, pulling him up on his feet. Junmyeon didn't look at the man. He would break.

His father pushed Junmyeon to the ground. A shooting pain ran up the boy's spine as he let out a cry of agony. His head still hurt from the whack he took, soreness pulsing through his skull.

"If I catch you again, you're done." A kick in his stomach.

Junmyeon cried. He lay on the ground, his face covered in his tears. He wanted to disappear, or at least disappear to a better place. But the only 'better place" he could think of was Sehun's arms.

But finally, Junmyeon felt right for once in his life. This was exactly why he told himself to stay afraid. Stay scared to be in love. Stay out of Sehun's life. Just try not to give in.

But, Junmyeon did. He faced his fear. And he ended up getting hurt because of it—just like he knew.