twelve

twelve

Even in the car, Sehun and Junmyeon would hold each other's' hands. Junmyeon liked that—it made him feel that much more secure from the world. As much as Junmyeon hated the sight of the Wellness Center in front of him, being with Sehun made it feel less negative.

"Yeseul should be done soon." Sehun let out a deep breath as he closed his eyes. Junmyeon didn't notice until then that Sehun did that a lot. When he did, it seemed like all his problems slipped away, like the breath he exhaled had carried his worries with him. Junmyeon also forgot how Sehun isn't as normal as he seems. Dongchul and Eunmi seemed like such loving parents, as if they really raised Sehun together and were able to teach him lessons and truly be his parents. But they were just another couple of foster parents.

Once Junmyeon finally met Yeseul, he was able to see where Sehun got his spunky attitude from.

"So you're gay," she commented as she entered the backseat of the car. Yeseul must have immediately noticed the fact that Sehun and Junmyeon were still holding hands.

The two looked at each other. Junmyeon looked intimidated, while Sehun had started laughing. "Sure."

Yeseul set a hand on Sehun's shoulder, her other on Junmyeon's. The older slightly jolted in the car seat. She was definitely not shy—another trait Sehun had.

"It's cool. I just didn't know," Yeseul said more genuinely. "So you're Junmyeon?"

Junmyeon just nodded. Yeseul let go of his shoulder. Junmyeon hoped that was all they'd have to talk about, but then Yeseul decided to have a full-on interview with him.

"How old are you?" she asked first.

"Eighteen."

"Favorite color?"

"Blue."

"That's everybody's favorite," she laughed. Junmyeon kept quiet. Sehun looked at him, giving him an encouraging smile.

"Okay...favorite song?"

Junmyeon stayed silent again. He tried to remember the one song Sehun played for him last night, but it didn't come to mind. And he most definitely didn't want to ask, hey, what song did we listen to when you were making out with me? Not the One Direction one, but the other. That's my favorite.

"The Fault In Our Stars by Troye Sivan," Sehun answered for him. Junmyeon smiled.

Yeseul nodded with an impressed look. "What are your parents like? Are they your typical middle-aged people or are they actually unique to society?"

Sehun looked back at Yeseul with a certain look—one that was scolding. She leaned back against the seat.

"I don't have parents."

"Me neither," Yeseul chuckled. A silence grew in the car.

"Are you meeting with Chanyeol tonight? It's been ages since I saw him and the others. I miss them," she explained as Sehun started up the car again. As he remembered them—Yixing, Chanyeol, and Jongin—he felt uneasy. They hadn't approached him any time recently, and it's been months since Sehun last saw them. He didn't know how they had felt about him anymore—he knew it couldn't be good, despite him completely cutting them off.

"I haven't talked to them in a while," Sehun replied after a long moment of silence. He thought more about seeing them again. They couldn't be too harsh on him, for they all knew how young Sehun was compared to them. They knew how timid and weak he became around them.