nine

nine

Almost every Friday night, Junmyeon would go over to Sehun's house. The two would lay on his bed, watching whatever movie was showing on cable, or they'd just talk and discuss their hopes for the future, and it would also turn into full-on rants about their most irritating teachers.

But tonight was different.

"You're telling me you don't listen to any music at all?" Sehun laughed as he scrolled through the music library on his phone. Junmyeon kept silent, not wanting to embarrass himself any further than he already did. He held in a laugh as Sehun settled on an album they'd listen to. The younger handed Junmyeon an earbud as he started playing the music.

"I just never thought of it. And plus, you bring music-listening to a whole new level, so." Junmyeon let out a breath as he focused on the combination of noises he had been hearing. The song was slower, but still upbeat. A piano started to strongly play over the slow drum beat.

Sehun closed his eyes as Junmyeon watched him get lost in the song. Once the raspy yet powerful vocal started, Sehun mouthed the lyrics along with it. Junmyeon then realized that Sehun was literally perfect. His face was perfectly sculpted, it seemed. His eyes were the perfect size and were perfectly spaced from his perfect nose. His silky, black hair that looked softer than fleece was perfectly brushed out of his face. All that plus his perfectly smooth skin, along with his perfectly shaped lips, made him more than just perfect.

The song was almost over when Junmyeon realized he had just stared at Sehun for almost five whole minutes. He wouldn't hate that, though. You could stare at Sehun for years and not get tired of it.

Sehun opened his eyes again and turned on his phone to switch the song.

"What was that?" Junmyeon asked.

Sehun let out a deep breath. "Save Rock And Roll, Fall Out Boy. Probably one of my favorite songs of all time. Did you like it?"

"Yeah. Play another one like it," Junmyeon told Sehun. Once Junmyeon made that statement, Sehun almost immediately went to a certain song. He started playing Robbers by The 1975.

Another slow drum beat started out the song, but this time, a strong guitar melody brought in the music rather than a piano. Junmyeon already liked this song more than the last—it was a lot calmer and laid back.

Junmyeon looked at Sehun again, except this time, his eyes weren't closed. He calmly stared at his legs which were lying straight ahead of him. He had one arm behind his head, the other resting right next to his body.

Resting just centimeters from Junmyeon's. He just stared at that perfect hand.

"This song always reminds me of my siblings," Sehun said out of nowhere. Junmyeon looked back at his face, and could tell he felt somber inside. The song had reached its most powerful part—the bridge. "Especially this part."

But if you'd just take off your mask, you'd find out everything's gone wrong.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Junmyeon asked. Sehun looked at him—really looked at him—and Junmyeon knew that he in fact didn't want to talk about it. So he didn't speak. Instead, he slowly moved his hand closer to Sehun's, feeling each muscle tense as it moved. His heart then started to pound when he could feel the softness of Sehun's fingers against the back of his hand. Then, without hesitation, Junmyeon just held his hand. Tightly, too. Their fingers laced over each other's knuckles almost perfectly—Junmyeon gave Sehun credit for that—he was perfect.

You look so cool.

Sehun squeezed Junmyeon's hand.

The song ended. Sehun turned on a new one, still holding Junmyeon's hand all the while. How Would You Feel by Ed Sheeran started to play.

The two sat in silence, continuing to listen to the music. Junmyeon enjoyed this—just being with Sehun, holding his hand—much more than what they'd normally do. But then again, he wanted to allow himself to just say the words. Say I like Sehun. But he just couldn't. This was what he had been afraid of since the day they first met—Junmyeon knew that he'd become attached to Sehun. No matter how hard he tried not to think about Sehun, at the end of the day, his mind would wander back to him.

How would you feel, if I told you I loved you?

Sehun looked at Junmyeon again. Last time, he really looked at Junmyeon—but now, he was just falling for him.

And just like that, Sehun kissed him. And it was perfect. Sehun let go of Junmyeon's hand, resting his own on Junmyeon's shoulder as they locked lips. The kiss didn't last long since Junmyeon had pulled away, leaving Sehun feeling almost stupid for doing such a thing.

"I'm sorry," Sehun started, settling back to his original position. "I shouldn't have done that."

Junmyeon set a hand on Sehun's arm. "No, I'm glad you did." Then, the two spent another good fifteen seconds just staring at each other. Junmyeon, wanting to reassure Sehun, kissed the boy again. Sehun kissed him back.

Taking my time spending my life falling deeper in love with you.

"What is this?" Sehun asked after letting out a small laugh. Junmyeon smiled, his hand moving from Sehun's arm to his face.

"Who knows." Junmyeon chuckled.