Chapter 1: Tomorrow's the day!

I was sleeping so peacefully on my bed. Then D came into my room trying to get me up for school. I groaned as I buried my face in my pillow.

"Go away" I complained

"We're going to be late" D said

"Go on without me" I said

"No" he said, "It was decided that I was going to watch over you and help you out school or hero wise"

"But Dick..." I whined

"We'll stop by for ice cream.." he said

"Promise?" I said, "I swear if you lie to me, I'll light your pants on fire"

"Yes now come on..." He said, "Alfred has the car waiting" I sat up. I looked at Dick who had his uniform on and his hair fixed. Those beautiful baby blue eyes of his. I loved to look into them. Anyway he was already ready. Of course...he started to laugh.

"What?" I said

"You look terrible" he said and kept laughing. I grabbed my pillow and smacked him with it.

"Will you get out?!" I yelled I watched him leave. Jerk...I laid back down.

"Al..." He yelled

"I'm going" I yelled, "I'm going and stop calling me that!" I sat up. I shut off my nightlight. I couldn't stand the dark so I had to sleep with a nightlight. I hated that about me. I tried many times to overcome this fear, but I couldn't. I really did try. I got my clothes ready and went to the shower. Four years ago, the Bandero Four were arrested and separated into different prisons where they'd spend the rest of their lives. Batman tried finding me a place to stay. But in the end, it was decided I'd stay with him and Dick, Robin for those who don't know. D was going to help me catch up to my studies. Since I had no education at all before coming here. I was going to summer school trying my hardest to not waste the opportunity Uncle Bruce was giving me. It's just so hard to get up in the mornings. D, he didn't have summer school, but other school activities that he voluntarily decided to do. I did not understand him. He was such an Overachiever, my complete opposite. As a mentor...well I don't really have one or I have too many. Batman is one, he's also my guardian and helping me with combat. Martian Manhunter is helping me with my telepathic abilities. Superman and Wonder Woman kind of help me with my other powers. My powers aren't exactly like theirs, but they have techniques on how to keep their powers in check that they're teaching me. Like every hero, I have my own costume. Mine was a off shoulder belly shirt that was lavender. I had a purple jacket over with white fingerless gloves. I had a lavender hip hugging short skirt with white tights under and purple flat boots that went half way up to my knee. I had a white mask around my eyes. I wore dark colors most of my life, I wanted a change, so my costume was light colors. I put on my school uniform. I had a white button up shirt with a red tie around my neck. I had my ugh black sweater vest over it and my dark blue skirt. I had the end of my white shirt sticking out because I liked it like that. Although I'd get reprimanded for it. Then I fixed it remembering last time I was threatened that they'd call 'Uncle' Bruce. I hated rules and regulations, especially if I didn't want to do them. Because it'd remind me of how I was back then. I hated causing trouble for Batman...well school wise. I was going to Gotham Academy with D, my nickname for Dick. Just like his was Al for me, which I absolutely hated. I brushed my hair and took off all the tangles. I blow dried my brown hair before making loose curls in it with the curling iron. I put on my hazel colored contacts over my purple pupils, then some eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss before grabbing my bag. I stopped at the doorway and looked into my room. My walls were now lavender...well except one. The paint on the walls was really thick from how often I changed the colors. Last week, they were light green. They weren't nicely painted either. D and I usually messed around when we painted and end up painting each other along with the walls. There was only one wall that stayed green and that was because when D and I painted each other we pressed ourselves against the wall to leave our lavendar silhouettes. I even got 'Uncle' Bruce's silhouette on the wall. Unwillingly, but I got it...with a hell week of training afterward. I didn't suffer alone at least. D was also punished along with me only fair since D got him into the room as I dumped the paint on him as he walked in. Although D had no idea about the plan. I looked at the wall with a smile. I was happy here. I looked at my white curtains covering my glass balcony doors. My canopy bed in the center of the room. The dresser against the wall, and the shelf on the wall that had many pictures. My wall had posters on it of singers and bands I liked. I remembered my room from the Bandero Four. It wasn't even a room. It was an attic...well depending on their mood. I mean sometimes my room would be the hall closet. I didn't really know which I preferred more. The closet was cut in compartments so I couldn't even stand and it wasn't wide enough for me to even lay down. It was also pitch black in there and I couldn't see a thing. Then there was the attic which was old and there were holes in the ceiling that the wind and rain would leak from. I didn't have a bed. I had a few blankets that passed as rags. I had a couple of changes of clothes all of them black. I was satisfied with all that too, they treated me like crap and I put up with it. I didn't mind because I thought they were my family. They cared for me. I smiled, I'm glad I opened my eyes. I was happy here with D and Uncle Bruce. I felt someone poke me on the side. I jumped startled. I turned to find D.