Chapter 14

When an airplane takes off, there is a moment of complete numbness. Your face tenses up, your stomach flips, your mind goes blank. It feels as if there is an intense pressure pressing down on your entire body. The feeling that courses through me once the uppers remove my soul from my body is similar to the plane. I can feel myself being moved and surrounded with pressure. Unlike a plane, I am unaware of my final destination. Time goes slowly around me and everything is dark. No part of my body is able to move as I travel through emptiness.

Suddenly, it feels as if my body is being split. There are invisible strings pulling on each side of my body, each trying to pull me in a different direction. The one on my left is leaving my side with an icy feeling. The one on my right is leaving my side with a fiery feeling. Of course, fire melts ice. My entire body is sent spiraling to the right. The air around me becomes warmer and warmer the farther I travel. It is almost as if I am walking circles around a fire. The strong heat surrounds me on all sides and memories begin to pour through my mind. Camping with Jocelyn and Cole, Christmas morning with the fireplace on, making marshmallows around a fire.

I can tell that I'm getting close to my final destination as the area around me becomes warmer. It doesn't take long for the heat to become too much and I begin to sweat. Everything around me is still dark. My eyes are beginning to become heavy. There is no sound around me and no one else is here, but I can sense the presence of power. I can sense the presence of a strong force drawing me closer. My eyes slowly shut before I can think anymore of it. With ease, I throw my life out of my own control.