Chapter 30

I need something black.

I'm standing in the middle of the closet with mountains of dresses on the floor around me. For some reason unknown to my brain, I cannot find a single black dress. All I want is to use this dinner to get my revenge on Cerin. Luna seems to have every color in plain sight except for black. I know she owns a ton of dark colored dresses, she is the Princess of Hell, but I also seem to be incapable of locating them in her ginormous closet. The mountain of clothes around me are suffocating as I throw myself backwards across the closest one. An overly dramatic sigh leaves my lips. I wanted to wear black.

All of that changes when I notice the gold dress hanging above me. The sparkly fabric is cut into a gorgeous dress with a short front and a long back. Pleated sides to the skirt complement the lack of sleeves. The entire thing is an absolutely stunning dress that will sparkle in the lights of the castle. It's honestly perfect for my plan to execute revenge. An evil smirk claws its way onto my face just as the door opens and Luna walks in. She sees the mess around her floor and turns around immediately. Yes, I did completely destroy the closet. Yes, I didn't think about how angry that would most definitely make her. Yes, I don't exactly care. My entire body gets launched up from the pile I am laying across as I chase her down. If I expect to get any sort of revenge on her asshole of a brother I'm going to need her help. She knows how to turn me into a princess so I'm assuming she knows how to turn me into a temptress.

I tell her all about my plan. With each word I say, her face shows more and more excitement. Our smirks begin to match by the time I'm finished speaking and point up at the dress I plan to wear. It is completely obvious as to how happy she is. From her jumping up and down to her willingly changing my appearance constantly, she is almost always on board with my crazy plans. This one is no exception. She agrees without hesitation as long as I agree to help her put the closet back in order.

It doesn't take us terribly long to get down our dresses for dinner and to put all of the others back on the racks. Luna has a plain red dress picked, long sleeved and with a loose bottom, that is going to definitely look perfect on her. The tiara that is almost always on her head is accented with rubies so this dress will match perfectly. My dress is definitely a touch extreme for a simple dinner, but I need to make an impression. Cerin wants to be a pain to me in front of his family, I'm going to be a pain to him in front of his.

Luna and I turn on some background music as we get to work on our looks. Because I am quite good with hair, that is my assigned task for the evening. The mess I made took around an hour to clean up, leaving us with an hour to get completely ready. I'm currently seated at the vanity with my back to the mirror. Luna has an extra stool pulled up in front of me so she can work on my makeup while I'm doing my hair. Cerin has made multiple remarks on how he likes it when I wear my hair down so that is the plan. I twist different sized sections of hair up into curlers that I'll take out before we leave. The plan is to have dark, sexy makeup to complement the large, bouncy curls that will pool around my head. I trust Luna. I'm going to look exactly how I picture.

~

It is somehow possible to look even better than I imagined. My eyes are coated in a mixture of dark colors that make my natural blue eyes stand out. False lashes complement the colors as well as making my eyes look larger. A blood red lipstick perfects the look and turns me into the seductive demon I had in mind. Of course, the dress hugs my waist perfectly before falling into a trail behind me, the short front lands above my knees and makes my legs look longer, and the red heels that are wrapping my feet give me an extra few inches on my height. Topping off the entire ensemble is the huge, bouncy curls that fall around my face. I look both regal and demonic. Perfect.

From beside me, Luna looks just like the Princess she is. Her dress fits her like a glove, the braided crown I gave her makes her tiara pop, and her makeup is as perfect as usual. She argued that she shouldn't wear any makeup or have perfect hair because she wants me to stand out. I clearly won the argument, stating that she needs to be herself. Besides, while I may want to make sure I have Cerin's attention, I don't want to be the center of attention. I need her to wear something as dramatic as I am to ensure that not everyone is staring at me.