Chapter 17

"Stroller, seats, diapers, Boppies, Baby Bjorns, wipes, pacifiers, blankets, burp cloths." Don was going through everything lined up in their entry way as they were getting ready to head to the airport. "What in the hell am I forgetting? Babies in the stroller. Clothes in the bags."

Meryl laughed as she walked up behind him. "Your wife?"

"That I could never forget." Don laughed as he turned around and pulled her into his arms. "I thought I told you to stay on the sofa resting until I had everything together." He then laughed at the look on her face. "It's killing you isn't it?"

Meryl looked in on the babies in the stroller. "You three are out here doing stuff. I can't lift any bags or pack anything. I've checked and everything is off. I was lonely. Let me do SOMETHING."

"You did; you brought our wonderful babies into the world." Don said going over to her and kissing her lips. He then saw the look on her face; and knew it was hard for her not to do much and that she was really trying. "Okay, help me."

Meryl's face lit up. "What can I do?"

"What am I forgetting for the babies. We have the seats and strollers and baby wraps, Boppies, Baby Bjorns, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, blankets and pacifiers. " Don said. "You didn't want to take a pump?"

Meryl shook her head. "I really don't; I thought we agreed that we would hold off on introducing them to a bottle for as long as possible."

"We did; I just wanted to make sure." Don said. "We have their cute wedding outfits, sleepers, their sleep sacks, swaddling blankets and other clothing changes."

Meryl nodded. "You said the hotel will have a bassinet?"

"I double checked on that; and there will be one in our room since Dr. Brooks said to keep them in the same bassinet for as long as they seem to want it; and they do." Don said. "We bathed them this morning; so we won't need to while we're there? I didn't pack their bath wash or shampoo."

Meryl shook her head. "We'll bathe them when we get home on Sunday, so no; not at this age. Baby powder and Diaper Goo?"

"Got it." Don nodded.

Meryl smiled sweetly at him. "I think you've thought of everything."

"Did you bring your pain meds?" Don asked as she looked away. "Meryl..."

Meryl shook her head with a laugh. "Sweetheart; I am really fine."

"You have still been hurting." Don pointed out. "I brought my Xanax like you wanted me to."

Meryl nodded in relief. "I'm glad; but I haven't needed the pain meds. I have my lotion and the Aleve. Really."

"Okay." Don conceded; knowing he could call Hal if needed. "So?"

Meryl grabbed her hand in his. "I say we have a small window until they're ready to eat again; and I would rather save that for when the plane takes off. Let's go Daddi-o!"

***

"Okay, the pilot says we're going to take off any minute." Don said joining Meryl in the private room on Larry's jet as he held Margaret. "Holy crap; this room is nice."

Meryl laughed at her husband as she held Brady. "It really is; how come we've never been in here before?"

"We didn't need to until we had these two." Don pointed out as he sat down beside her. "But now I know where we can disappear to when we need it. We can use them for an excuse."

Meryl laughed at her husband as they started to move. "Can you take him so I can get ready?"

"Of course." Don said as he held the babies while she got ready. "Who do you want first?"