Chapter 47

A little while later after both Don and Meryl had under gone tests they were back in their hospital room. They immediately wanted the babies back in there with them. Liz and Larry offered to stay in the room with them to help with the babies; but the preliminary tests showed Meryl was okay to walk with them and they kept the bassinet by her side of the bed so she wouldn't even need to get up. They encouraged Larry and Liz to go get something to eat and rest; but Larry and Liz wanted to stay close for the test results. Which gave Don and Meryl time to fuss over their babies; and of course each other.

***

After Meryl nursed and she and Don spent some quality time with their babies; Meryl placed them in the bassinet and then turned back to her husband noticing he was in pain. She kissed his forehead as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Baby, can I go get you food or something to drink or anything? Another blanket or pillow?"

"You can stay right here in this bed with me; that's all that I need." Don said kissing her palm. "Talk to me, baby. I need to make sure you're okay. Can we talk more about what what happened?"

Meryl shook her head as she leaned her forehead against his. "Not right now. I just need to make sure you're okay."

"Baby." Don sighed as she propped his leg up with a pillow. "I'm really okay. We'll find out soon what's up with my leg; and I want to find out what's going on with you and what your tests show."

Meryl tenderly kissed his lips. "Being with you and our sleeping babies is the best medicine in the world for me."

"And for me." Don kissed her lips this time. "You know you can talk to me about absolutely anything; right? If you would rather not talk to me than..."

Meryl immediately cut off what he was saying by pressing her lips to his and then she gave him a small smile when they eventually broke away; she couldn't have him thinking that she didn't feel comfortable talking to him or that she didn't want to talk to him. "Of course I know that, Don Man; and you're the only one I feel comfortable confiding in and talking to. I want to concentrate on us for now. We'll have plenty of time to talk later."

"You'll talk to me before it builds up again?" Don asked in concern as she nodded with smile; and he then rewarded her with his trademark Don Gummer. "Good. I wish they would come in with your test results."

Meryl wiggled her eyebrows at him. "I think we both could use a distraction."

"Baby, as much as I would LOVE that kind of distraction; the babies are in here and neither of us..." Don trailed off.

Meryl threw her head back and laughed. She wanted to make love so much; and wished she could distract the both of them like that but she knew she couldn't. What she wanted even more was to help him get his memories back. "As much as I would love that; I want you healed more. So, how about a story?"

"As long as I get to hold you." Don flirted as she happily snuggled up in his embrace. Not only did he always want to hold her; but he was also reminded from her break down how much she needed his assurance and love just as he need hers. Don smiled as he kissed the top of his wife's head. "Okay my little storyteller; tell away."

***

"What is that?" Meryl asked her husband as she sat at the breakfast bar in the kitchen eating the breakfast her husband made for her. Since she had been on bedrest since the week before after her Eclampsia attack in the hospital when Lily was born he wasn't letting her do anything. She smiled as she looked at the box. "Pottery Barn?"

Don smiled as he placed the large box down.  "It's my project for today."

"Which is?" Meryl asked laughing. "It's not materials for a new sculpture?"