Chapter 91

Don was tapping his fingers on the table and looked at Larry. "Shouldn't she be back by now? The judge will be back any minute."

"Maybe she needed to feed the babies or something." Larry pointed out. "If there were a problem, Mom or Lizzie would have said so. Peggy is sitting right there."

Don nodded as Mike came over. "Where's Meryl? We're going to start any minute?"

"I don't know." Don sighed frustratedly, and worriedly, as he ran his fingers through his fair. "I'm worried."

Henry patted his father's shoulder and pointed back towards the door. "Meryl Streep, making a grand entrance."

"Thank God." Don said as he saw the judge walk in; he also saw Peggy get up and go towards his wife. "OH...NO!"

Meryl saw Don racing towards her, well as fast as she could, and then Peggy walking towards her. "Don, baby, don't get hurt."

"Sit down, Gummer." A guard said to Peggy, grabbing her and taking her over to her seat. "Don't move."

Don looked at Peggy. "Don't you EVER get near my wife and children ever again."

"I'm okay, Don Man." Meryl assured him with a kiss. "Really."

The judge smacked his gavel. "I saw that, Mrs. Peggy Gummer. Sit. Order. Court is back in session. Thatcher, keep your client in line."

"Yes, sir." Thatcher gave Peggy a look. "I call Mrs. Peggy Gummer to the stand."

Meryl helped Don go sit down."What took so long, M? I was getting worried."

"I'm sorry, D." Meryl whispered as they sat down. "I couldn't get your daughter off my breast."

Don winked at her. "That girl loves to eat. You're really okay?"

"I promise, sweetheart." Meryl said with a kiss to his lips. "I really am; now let's see that bitch get what's coming to her."

Thatcher got up and approached the stand. "Mrs. Gummer, how long has Donald Gummer said that he would leave his wife?"

"Ever since I became pregnant with our son, Harry. For 31 years." Peggy said.

Mike jumped up. "OBJECTION! It has been proven over and over and over that Donald Gummer is NOT the father of Harry Gummer."

"Sustained." Judge Stewart said. "Mrs. Gummer, you are under oath. You perjure yourself and that will only worsen the outcome of your trial."

Meryl squeezed Don's hand harder as Thatcher continued with questioning. "Mrs. Gummer, tell us what your life was like raising your son alone."

"Lonely; the only man I ever loved left me for some blonde shallow bitch." Peggy pretended to cry.

Don looked at Mike. "MIKE! LIES!"

"I can't stop it; she hasn't exactly lied." Mike sighed. "I'll have my chance at her."

Don looked at Meryl. "I'm sorry, baby, you shouldn't have to sit through this shit."

"Neither should you." Meryl kissed his hand.

Peggy continued. "He would tell me over and over how he would leave HER; I guess it didn't matter how many times she spread her legs for another man."

"MIKE!" Don was becoming unglued. "NOT OKAY."

Mike shook his head. "We need to let her go; she's only going to dig herself deeper and deeper. I'm sorry, Meryl."

"If it puts her away then okay." Meryl turned to Don. "Don, you know..."