Chapter 67

The sound of her husband's soft voice and the amazing smell of something cooking lured Meryl awake from her nap. She smiled as she laid there and watched her husband sitting at the end of their bed and could tell his chin was leaning on their babies' bassinet. She just watched the scene in front of her for the longest time. She had seen him do this many times since Mags and Brady were born; but it took on greater significance now after his amnesia. It was just another sign to her that he was still her Don Man through and through; and that gave her such comfort and peace and happiness and joy. She twirled her wedding ring as she laid there and listened to her husband serenade their babies.

Hush, little babies, don't say a word.

Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird.

And if that mockingbird won't sing,

Daddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring.

And if that diamond ring turns brass,

Daddy's gonna buy you a looking glass.

And if that looking glass gets broke,

Daddy's gonna buy you a billy goat.

And if that billy goat won't pull,

Daddy's gonna buy you a cart and bull.

And if that cart and bull turn over,

Daddy's gonna buy you a dog names Rover.

And if that dog need Rover won't bark

Daddy's gonna buy you a horse and cart.

And if that horse and cart fall down,

You'll still be the sweetest little babies in town.

Meryl crawled down to the end of the bed and kissed his neck as she leaned her chin on his shoulder. "You know, if you buy them all those things they're going to be the most spoiled babies in Manhattan."

"What about the Trump kids?" Don winked at her as she turned his head and kissed her lips.

Meryl laughed as she wrapped her arms around him "Good point."

"Did you have a good nap?" Don asked with his trademark smirk. "You have some nice color to your cheeks."

Meryl kissed his lips; unable to resist them. "It was so nice sleeping with you in our own home. How was your nap?"

"Just what I needed." Don smiled. "They haven't been awake very long. I just didn't want to wake you up until Daddy just couldn't cut it anymore."

Meryl leaned her head against his once again. "I love these moments; I missed these moments."

"Me too." Don said with a smile. "I didn't realize how much I missed having babies with you until we had more. These truly are precious and sacred moments."

Meryl's smile grew. "That means so much to me."

"Should we get them up?" Don asked. "So they don't sleep all night?"

Meryl shook her head. "Let's stay like this for a few minutes."

"I can't argue with that." Don whispered as they watched their babies sleep.

Meryl cuddled up to her husband as much as possible. "Something smells amazing."

"I'm glad I do." Don teased with a laugh; knowing what she meant. "Mom must be making dinner."

Meryl sighed happily. "I have to say it's nice that we don't have to worry about that. We can enjoy one another and our babies; and know that stuff is taken care of."