Chapter 3

Hye Rin's P.O.V

I had just gotten off work a few hours ago and had spent way too much time destroying my wardrobe to find the perfect dress to wear to the party tomorrow night. I knew I had a good dress tucked away somewhere, I just couldn't seem to find it.

Just as I was about to give up, I caught sight of a white box, packed rather flatly. I opened the box, and there lay the dress in all its glory.

With an illusion neckline and a slightly flared skirt, the dark blue dress was what I had meant to find. A conservative single colour, all I would need was a necklace that hung down the dress a little to spice up the outfit. Wonderfully simple, it accentuated all my curves in the best way. Sighing happily, I crammed every other clothing item back into the wardrobe and brought the dress down to the living room to iron.

The house had been an inheritance from my late father, and all I had to do was pay the bills every month, which I had never struggled with. I prepped up the ironing board and began to straighten out the creases that had worked their way into the dress after being folded and tucked away for so many years.

With the main task of the evening finished, I could finally settle down and have a simple dinner, kimchi fried rice.

Yoongi's P.O.V

They certainly were telling the truth when they said she was an efficient PA, she brought me my lunch at exactly 12 pm on the dot.

The party was on my mind the whole evening. Dad had organised it in view of the 25th anniversary of the company and expected me to attend because he was the Boss and I was his son.

To be brutally honest, I would rather have stayed at home and slept but one does not simply disagree with my father. Sighing, I went to collect my best suit from the laundromat after work and headed home, thoughts heavy.

Word had gotten around that Taehyung had asked Hye Rin to be his plus one to the party, but I hadn't managed to ask him about it yet.

I could only wait and see.

Hye Rin's P.O.V

The day passed easily. I thought I would get through the day free but it was not to be. That awful Chaeyoung sashayed in at about 5, we were getting off work early today to prepare for the dinner party.

She was dressed in an olive green dress that looked like it was about to rip at the seams, with at least a hundred diamonds dangling from a silver chain around her neck. Her blonde hair was curled meticulously, they reminded me of Goldie Locks' huge curls. I hoped this version of Goldie Locks would swallow porridge that was too hot, burn her throat off and die. She even had one of those feather boas wrapped around her like she was some kind of star.

She could be a dying star for all I cared, blasting to bits and showering the galaxy with a bitter supernova and her negativity, her horrible attitude and her impertinence.

She was a menace, insisting on calling me a "little rat", "office lowlife" or even a "manipulative, man thirsty slut". I just ignored her, because from experience, I learnt that fighting fire with fire wouldn't do anyone any good.

Also, I knew I wasn't interested in Mr Min. As long as I knew that myself, I didn't have to bother about the things that she liked to run her mouth about.

It wasn't easy, she kept coming up to the office on the pretext of "important business", but I knew she only came up to deliver snide remarks at me.

And she wore that flamboyant outfit, what for? The party? There were still 2 hours before it even began, and it would be held in a ballroom location, not the office, what did she think she was doing? Oh, right, flaunting herself for anyone who was willing to see her hourglass figure.