Chapter 10

Hye Rin's P.O.V

I could feel myself internally cringing at Yoongi's words, also internally cringing at the fact that there was a high chance we would both get hurt. I tried to put the thoughts out of my head, focusing on the fact that Yoongi and I weren't actually official yet, there was nothing to worry about because if I felt uncomfortable, I could just tell him so and he'd have no reason to get upset.

I held the files that I had been arranging before I had been called into his office, flipping through the documents in it. Suddenly, I heard a 'ding' from the elevator, I quickly took the appointment list out from a drawer and looked at the name of the first person up for appointment with Yoongi.

Mr Kim Taehyung?

Well, the sound of stiletto heels cutting through the air with a mighty clickity-clack certainly didn't sound like what Taehyung was going to wear to work and I knew that. Seconds later, the strong scent of floral perfume hit me in the nose, wanting to diminish my sense of smell, it was powerful. I looked up from my desk and came face to face with Chaeyoung.

Again? Seriously?

"You're not up for appointment." I eyed her curtly.

"Does that matter? I'm here to see my boyfrien-"

"He broke up with you already, drop the act, Chaeyoung."

"How did you-"

"He told me so. I suggest if you don't have anything else to say, you should leave before I call security on you." I said calmly, evenly.

"I should listen to a little sneak like you? My baby shoes cost more than your entire life, I'm so much more important in society than you are, I-"

"Lee Chaeyoung, shut your pathetic mouth and leave the building."

"Why are you so rude to me?"

"Funny, I thought I should be the one asking you that every time you come here."

"You're so low-"

I cut her off for the umpteenth time today and sighed.

"I'm not here to listen to your uncultured opinion, Chaeyoung. You have 10 minutes and that's it." I pointed to Yoongi's door.

"YOONGI!" She burst into the room.

What a way to begin the morning.

Yoongi's P.O.V

"YOONGI!" She burst in like a whirlwind, slightly unsteady in those dressy heels. She looked extra pretentious today, more made up than usual.

"What do you want? And by the way, call me Mr Min or get out." I glared at her.

"Why did you really break up with me? Don't you love me anymore? See, I look SO perfect today, don't you totally want me back? Let's make friends, and get back together." She sat on my desk and twirled her hair in front of me.

"Get your fat ass of my desk before it breaks, this wood is expensive. You look exactly like a stripper, just go get a job in a sleezy nightclub, you'll fit right in." I gritted my teeth.

"Did you break up with me...for HER?" She gasped in the same fake manner as a lousy actress in a drama, laying the back of her hand across her forehead and looking up to the ceiling.

"I broke up with you because I dislike you a lot. You're despicable, disrespectful and so full of yourself, you look down on people lower than you. You spend too much money and create too much drama, you're two-faced and a cheater. Why would I date a pig like that?"

"Because I'm..."

"You're? Go ahead, there isn't anything you can say to redeem yourself. You're disgusting, you know that? Now get out of my office before I flip this table- didn't I already say to take your plastic BUTT off the wood? If it gets pricked by a paperclip all the silicon is going to RUIN my table." I sneered.

"Fine. I already gave you a chance to make friends with me and even get back together but you clearly don't want it. If all you want is that sickly PA, then fine! But take note, you'll BOTH suffer for this!" She sulkily removed herself from the table and slunk out of the door trying to act like nothing had happened. But it was clear to see how badly damaged her usually inflated ego was.

As soon as she slammed the door shut I leaned back in my chair and rolled my eyes. Chaeyoung would never do anything to me, or even Hye Rin. She was a coward, she could act big in front of all these important people and pretend that she was invincible, but she honestly had no guts.

I reached my hand out to the shelf next to me and grabbed a Kumamon stuffed toy, hugging it to myself and threw it to the floor in frustration when a knock came on the door.

"COME IN!" I yelled in frustration.

"Hyung!" Taehyung popped his head in.

"IF IT'S NOT IMPORTANT PLEASE LEAVE BECAUSE I WANT TO TAKE A NAP!" I wailed.

"It's regarding business, hyung." Taehyung closed the door and waved some files in my face.

"Make it quick." I mumbled.

In about 20 minutes Taehyung was done rambling about the corporate issues.

"Can you leave now...I want to sleep." I groaned.

"Yah! You don't just come to the office to sleep you know?"

"There really isn't anything worth doing..."

"Hey what about Hye Rin? She's great to look at." Taehyung grinned at me, waggling his eyebrows.

"You'd best stay away from her if you want to keep that pretty face of yours." I growled, sitting bolt upright.

"I didn't mean to offend you. But I heard you broke up with Chaeyoung, is it really true?"

"Yes, it is true. I broke up with her so now I can woo Hye Rin. But don't tell anyone, okay? And I'm still mad that you took her to the party as your date." I glared at Taehyung.

"First come, first serve." Taehyung said cheekily.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung, if you ever speak about her like she's some kind of...of...SERVICE ever again, you'll catch these hands!" I fumed.

"I know she's yours already even if it isn't official yet, and I'll respect it. Yoongi hyung fighting!" He laughed as he left.

One client and...let's see.

Another 30 more before lunch break, and about 25 more afterward.

I wanted to toss myself out of the window, why did this week have to be so busy of all the weeks? The very week I had decided to try and woo Hye Rin, the client load decided to be atrocious. I sighed and glared at the wall clock whose hands were slowly ticking, marking the seconds and hours.

Eventually, I beat myself and managed to serve 35 clients before lunchtime. I stepped out of the office, a rare thing nowadays and looked at Hye Rin who was getting ready to leave for her own lunch break.

"Ah, Mr Min, what-" she stopped when she caught me raising an eyebrow at her.

"Yoongi..." she mumbled, realising her "mistake".

"Yes?" I let the dubious expression fade away and gave her a nice smile even though I was oh so tired.

"What do you want for lunch? I'm going out and I can bring back food for you..."

"I'm taking you out for lunch. Please say yes?" I looked at her with a begging look on my face.

She looked back at me with an unreadable expression.

Please don't bruise my pride, just agree and let's go because I don't know how to do this...