Chapter 4

Hye Rin's P.O.V

"Taehyung may be a nice guy but there are better guys." Yoongi pinned my wrist to the wall and delivered the sentence with a warning snarl.

Who did he think he was? Irritated, I wrenched my wrist free from his forceful grasp. But he was my boss, I had to show some decent respect as much as I was tempted to wheel around and deliver a hundred slaps across his imperious attitude.

"Alright, see you around!" I cavorted away lightly.

I reached the washroom door and crashed into it, desperately needing to use the toilet. A few moments later, having done so, I walked to the mirror to fix my makeup a little.

The washroom door suddenly swung open with a great force and the clicking of heeled shoes could be heard.

An overpowering fragrance of floral perfume burnt off all my nose hairs and I turned around to stare at the person guilty of marinating in the perfume for goodness knows how long.

That white feather boa, dropping fluffy feathers every other second, letting them slowly waft to the ground like dead leaves and flowers wilting in autumn, that olive green dress wrapped tightly around her body like soft, fragile seaweed- ready to rip at any moment.

The obnoxiously overdone Goldie Locks' curls and that signature narrowed expression, the spiteful thoughts I could see running through her mind, ready to deliver scathing commentary about me, the person was none other than the one and only,

Lee Chaeyoung.

"Oh you came! How nice to see you! That dress looks pretty. Pretty ugly and cheap if you ask me." she smiled sarcastically.

"Pretty ugly and cheap? I'm sorry, this isn't ugly and cheap, I don't wear clothing pieces that look exactly like you."

"Look at your necklace, its obviously made of fake diamonds, just bits and pieces of plastic and glass shards!" She laughed, clearly trying to ignore my snide remark earlier on. But I could see her face reddening in anger and shame.

"Look at you, you're obviously a fake person, just bits and pieces of plastic here and there, with an attitude sharp and unbecoming like glass shards stuck in someone's foot!" I rolled my eyes and left the washroom.

If that woman got up my nerves in a more severe way I would certainly have more to say about her than she would ever have to say about me.

Pressing out my dress a little, I walked back to the ballroom, only to see Taehyung smirking in my direction.

"What's so funny?"

"Look at Yoongi. He came here with Chaeyoung and he's been ignoring her for the whole evening. She just left the scene saying she was going to the washroom. She must be so embarrassed." Taehyung laughed.

"I saw her just now."

"How was she?"

"The same. How different do you think she gets, except more impertinent?"

"You're so feisty." Taehyung laughed.

"I-"

"Don't say a thing..."

I had thought that I was going to spend the night alone at home being a sad potato and eating ramen on my sofa, but the night was much more than that. It was probably the best night of my working life.

-

"Did you see the way Yoongi was looking at us the whole time?" Taehyung grinned when we left. He opened the car door for me and I slid into the soft seat, grateful to finally be able to sit down.