Chapter 8

Yoongi's P.O.V

I scowled when I heard that all too familiar haughty knock on the door.

"Come in!" I mean, I couldn't be rude, could I?

"Hi, love!" Chaeyoung trilled, closing the door gently.

"You never speak like that to me. What do you want? Money? Another branded bag?" I rolled my eyes.

"I just came to see how you were...doing?" She smiled.

It was so obvious that her nerves have been shaken, and I had half a mind to bet that Hye Rin had said something to her about the video already.

"Look, you always say that. Do you think you're a good actress? Because if you were, you wouldn't be here everyday bothering the living daylights out of me, you'd be shooting five hundred movies with your God given two-faced talent."

"Excuse me?"

That sounded more like the Chaeyoung I knew, the one who always had a sharp remark on the tip of her tongue ready to roll off it at any second.

"Look, just leave, I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore." I sighed in exasperation.

"So you're breaking up with me?!" She screeched.

"I didn't say I was, but since you brought it up, I think its a wonderful idea especially because I'm sick of your attitude! All you do is hang around me when you want something, or when there are benefits. Then when things get good, you go around sucking people's faces off behind my back! I've lost feelings for you long ago, so it doesn't matter to me but I think I wouldn't want to live in a lie and date filthy swine like you!" I shouted at her.

"Well your dearest little office lowlife must have told you about it, because she seems to know something like that, did you send her out to spy on me?"

"She saw it herself and wanted to blackmail you with the evidence because you always bully her! And I don't blame her either, if I were her I would have beaten you up long ago! But I found out about the video when she left her phone on the table by accident!"

"So you're breaking up with me because of her?"

"For a few reasons. First of all, I can't live with a snake like you, second, I don't even like you and third, I think I have feelings for someone else!"

"If it's the damn PA just say it!"

"It's not even any of your business, Lee Chaeyoung, we're over. Now get out." I pointed to the door.

"I'll make you regret!" She stormed out of the door.

"I'd like to see you try!"

I was glad to be finally done with Chaeyoung, it cleared a path for me to try new things. I didn't even need a break from the drama that had just blown up in my face, because I was eager to jump right into my next objective.

"Hye Rin!" I called.

She scuttled in quietly, closing the door.

How should I do this?

"Hye Rin ah..." I formulated my sentences in my head.

"What?"

"Hopefully she won't come to harass you anymore."

I decided to start with a rather formal approach so I wouldn't scare her.

"What happened?"

I told her what happened, that Chaeyoung and I were finally over.

With a sparkle in her eyes she praised the act and was about to leave.

"You'll do nothing of the sort." I couldn't let her leave, not just yet. I pulled her to the sofa in the corner of the room and sat close to her, legs crossed. I pulled the corners of my mouth into a smirk which used to drive the girls in my high school crazy and I laughed internally at the weird expression on her face.

I studied her every feature, she had perfect, clear skin, and her ears had detached earlobes, and were even slightly sharp. The way her perfect nose angled up, and matched with her dark emerald eyes and her straight, silver hair, if we were not in the mortal world I would have long mistaken her for a Celeborn elf, elves of the silver haired variation that existed only in fairy tale books. Her lips looked soft, the cupids bow was well defined, she wore no lipstick and they were bare in all their glory.

"Do you think I'm a good boss?"

"You give a lot of work." she answered shortly.

I asked a few more questions before parting my lips to deliver the crucial sentence.

"Can you see me as your future boyfriend?"

     She shifted uncomfortably.

"Well anyway, Ms Smart-mouth..."

She laughed, breaking the tension in the room.

"I want to make a bet with you."

"What bet?"

"I bet that I can make you fall in love with me in just one month, princess."

     Strong power thank you.

     I had done it, I had confessed without actually confessing.

"And why would I take that bet?"

"Because I'm...cool?" I offered her a gummy smile and watched her squirm a little.

"No." She stuck out her tongue at me.

"Yahhhh just take the bet."

"What if you lose the bet? Meaning I don't fall for you in a month."

"If I lose the bet then I lose you."

"That's not a bad loss for you. But if you win, what will become of me? If I fall for you..."

"If you fall for me, I'll catch you."

"You're so cheesy, ew." She smacked me on the chest.

"I'm not usually like this you know..."

"That doesn't matter to me. I'm going now." She stood up.

"What about the bet!" I wailed playfully.

"Gosh you're so whiny!" She laughed and slammed the door on me.

"You could be my new thing..."

And in a way she was. Because as soon as I got off work and got home, I didn't want to eat, I only wanted her. I couldn't sleep, I would end up thinking about her.

She was just my PA but she was striking my heart in ways I never imagined possible. I replayed my own words in my head.

"I bet I could make you fall in love with me in just one month, princess."

A smile crept up my face as I remembered how arrogant I had sounded. I was so confident that she'd agree to my bet, because who could resist such a man?

But the way she'd laughed and slammed the door on me, my confidence was cracked a little, she had run off like a criminal who had stolen my heart.

I would do anything to make her agree to the bet. Because I wanted her badly. She was in a class by herself, no girl had ever made me feel a furious passion surging through my systems before. But Hye Rin, she threw me into a pit of flames when I looked at her.

She had opinions that she wasn't afraid to voice, but was humble when the situation called for it. She was a hard worker, determined and upright. She didn't know the words 'give up' and I liked that.

She could be determined, but so could I.

I'll be calling you Jagiya in one month, Park Hye Rin. Just you wait and see.