Chapter 19

Yoongi's P.O.V

That night, all I could do was toss and turn. The promise necklace, was it a bad idea? Would she just get even more annoyed at my desperation? Even as I slept, I could not be free of the nightmares that only told me it was a bad idea. I would wake up every few hours, my sleep interrupted. It was not a good rest at all.

It was Friday night, I was supposed to be relaxing in bed, but was I? Not at all. I was woken up on Saturday morning by a harsh vibrating sound and realised it was my phone. I had just received a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Yoongi oppa! Meet me at the back of the office building today at 10 am, I've got something planned for us --Hye Rin <3

I looked at the watch on my wrist. It was about 9 in the morning. No problem, I could reach the building by 10 easily. Hye Rin could literally have anything planned. Glad that she didn't seem mad at me at all,I went to the bathroom to wash up before deciding on what I would wear. In the end I decided to go for a black turtleneck sweater and ripped black jeans, throwing in a belt just for the look of it and a black leather jacket. Finishing up the look with comfortable ankle boots, I nodded my approval at the image staring back at me from a full length mirror and headed down to the kitchen where Mrs Jung had already made breakfast.

I ate it slowly, relishing the buttery taste of the french toast and the softness of the bread combined. Eventually I finished it and left a note addressed to Mrs Jung saying that I would be going out to meet someone.

Then, remembering the incident with the red door paint, I hurriedly added that she was to let no one in unless they told her a password that I was going to set for anyone who was scheduled to see me. What would I use as the password?

Ah.

Get off my property.

That would be it.

I added that Mrs Jung was free to slam the door in their faces if they got it wrong. Satisfied with my instructions, I stuck the note on the table next to my plate and left the house, footsteps light all the way to the office building.

Hye Rin's P.O.V

I slept fitfully and awoke at 9.45 am the next morning. What could I do today? I was so happy after what had happened last night, it was sweet of him to do that. I remembered that just yesterday, I had been anticipating the weekend because I wouldn't have to see his face anymore due to the tension between us. But now, all I wanted was for Monday to come so that I could see him once again.

His sweet gummy smile, his fluffy hair and his pale, soft skin, his innocent face, his bold yet shy personality, everything about him made me want Monday to come faster.

I brushed my teeth and began to prepare breakfast, groaning internally when I realised that I would have to go out and buy groceries soon because the fridge was going to be more bare than Mother Hubbard's poor cupboard.

All I had for this morning was a cup of yogurt and various berries so that was all I could eat. Resigning to my fate, I finished up the rather poor breakfast and went up to my room to change into some decent street clothes that I could wear to the supermarket.

Mentally making a list of what I would buy, I received a slight shock when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. Jolting out of my daydreams of bacon and eggs with a muffin and all sorts of supermarket food, I reached into the pocket and read the text.

Unknown: Hye Rin ah, want to meet me by the back of the office later at about 11? I've got something planned for us ;) -Yoongi X

Staring at the text, I reflected on why I had never gotten Yoongi's number earlier. He had always claimed we never needed to exchange numbers since all work was done in the office. Well, it seemed there would be other work for me to do today, then. I grabbed the promise necklace that was hanging off my bedside table and fastened it around my neck, abandoning all plans for going grocery shopping and going for a nice shower to freshen myself up a little.

Packing a few things into my handbag, I made sure that I was dressed casually, ready for whatever he had planned. Even the flats that I had worn to the office for the past week were beginning to take a toll on my feet, it seemed that every office shoe hated me with a furious passion. So I was all too glad to stuff my way into some red converse highs.

By the time I left the house, it was around 10.45 am already, I prided myself in taking such a long time to get ready, it was a girl thing.

Yoongi's P.O.V

The back of the office building was shaded by many trees, blocking out a lot of the morning sun. That was fine with me, I wasn't particularly fond of the sun. The area at the back of the office building consisted of an extremely unkempt garden, it smelt stale, like a single soul had never set foot into the area for a century or more.

So why would Hye Rin want to meet me here? The area was large but I didn't see her anywhere. Oh well, she might have been a little late, women always were. They seemed to take years to get ready and leave the house.

But after 15 minutes, I began to question myself, and her. Hye Rin was usually punctual, so why wasn't she here already? Had she stood me up? I turned to leave, but was stopped by a female's voice.

"You came..."

"I did."

I looked around but I could see no one.

But when three figures in black pounced on me, I was unable to shout. A cloth was stuffed into my mouth, scoring my throat, causing me to gag. The last I heard was a sick laugh.

"I said I would make you regret, remember? I gave you warnings, I gave you chances. But you never listened, you're so stubborn. Well this is what you get for disobeying Lee Chaeyoung. Take him away, boys."

In a few seconds, I could feel myself being tossed onto a vehicle that tore down the back streets to somewhere unknown.

I could think of nothing, for a sweet gas was passed under my nose and I fell under its spell, unconscious.