Chapter 16

Yoongi's P.O.V

As I watched the stranger finger with the collar of the hoodie that Hye Rin wore, I felt a strange anger bubbling inside of me, ready to burst out of my being at any moment.

And at the moment he slipped his hands under her shirt, that was it. I inched closer to him and stayed dead still. It was then that I heard a soft click and watched Hye Rin flinch. It wasn't rocket science, I could tell that certain lines had been crossed for her. I was sick to the core of watching her, powerless against a sick perverted stranger.

With a loud yell, I ambushed the man and tussled with him on the floor. It was a tough fight, he was so strong and I was tired. Eventually, I stood up, gained some balance in a couple of seconds before scooping Hye Rin off the floor and running off into the dark night.

She wrapped her arms around my neck for support, I held her bridal style.

Around five minutes later, I stopped to catch my breath. Hye Rin didn't make a sound the whole time.

"Hye Rin, are you okay?"

I only felt her shift uncomfortably.

Sighing, I decided to walk back the way we had come, but this time I kept across the pavement where the alleyway was a long way opposite from us. Turning back to the front entrance of the nightclub, I walked all the way back to Hye Rin's house.

"Here, I've brought you back to your own house since you don't want to stay at mine." I set her down gently.

She refused to let go of my neck.

"I have to go back already, Mrs Jung will be wondering where I've gone. Go back home like a good girl, get some rest. I'll see you at the office tomorrow...or maybe earlier."

At that, she only held on tighter.

"Hye Rin ah..."

"I don't want to be left alone!" she burst into heavy sobs.

"Aish...now you'll get my blazer wet with your tears." I patted her head softly.

As her sobbing intensified, I felt a sharp pain piercing my heart. I hated to see her this way, I hated the sound of her tears. I hated the fact that she had almost been raped in the alleyway, that I had been so careless to let her slip away from my house, that I had not protected her well enough.

"Look. I'll walk you into your house, and I'll stay with you until you're feeling better."

She looked up at me, tears glistening under the moonlight.

"Really?"

"Yes." I walked her to the front door, which she opened shakily.

She took me upstairs and she settled into bed without a word.

I watched her hiccups slowly fade away, I observed the way her short, regular breaths turned into deep, heavy ones as she fell asleep slowly, the slow rise and fall of her chest let me know that I could leave.

I stood up and walked downstairs to the living room. The front door was locked but could easily be opened without the use of keys, the keys were on a table next to the door. Stooping down, I noted that there was a considerably large gap between the flooring and the bottom of the door. Unlocking the door, I tiptoed out with the keys in hand before closing and locking the heavy oak piece from the outside and slid the keys back into the house through the gap between floor and door, pushing them as far as they would go.

It took so much effort to just leave someone's house.

I walked the final journey back home alone, my head swarming with thoughts. Fortunately Hye Rin was safe, although possibly traumatised. With my tiredness threatening to take over my whole body, I somehow made it back home and into my bed again, falling into a much deserved slumber.

Hye Rin's P.O.V

I woke up with a nasty hangover. Pounding in my head, the regret sent me flying to the toilet to throw up. It was a little past 6 in the morning and I had to go to work later on. Sighing, I rid myself of the last of the alcohol in me, knowing that the headache wouldn't go away so soon. I never wanted to do that again.

I stumbled to the medicinal cupboard downstairs and stepped on something sharp. I screeched in sheer and utter pain, cursing the object that had embedded its edges in my feet. I bent low and picked up the object, looking at it in disbelief. The house keys were flung all the way to the bottom of the stairs.

It was at this moment that I remembered what had happened the night before. The pink man, his byuntae boss, how close I had been to being raped, the fact that Yoongi had come for me and stayed with me.

He probably left and slid the keys under the door afterward. I wanted to sink to the floor and cry, I didn't want to remember the terror of being pinned and touched by a total stranger. I knew I had to be strong, I couldn't let myself be affected.

With these thoughts in my head, I got dressed for work, deciding to pull on a pencil skirt and white button down with a black blazer, choosing to wear a pair of black ballet flats instead of heels that seemed to hate my feet so much.

I took a rather depressing breakfast of milk and cereal, my messed up mind caused me to dump the milk in before the cereal. But in the end, it was still milk and cereal, so I downed the whole bowl slowly, letting the milk run down my throat slowly, the same way I was dreading to turn up at work today.

I eventually tossed the bowl into the kitchen sink to wash up later and grabbed my work bag, leaving the house and walking to the office.

When I stepped into the building, I saw a few familiar faces, some of the colleagues who I had made acquaintance with over the few years that I had worked here. I waved at them, in an attempt to brighten up my day with a smile that they would exchange with me.

But they looked at me with a look of disdain, turning up their noses at me and shaking their heads in disgust, they didn't even bother to disguise the fact that they saw me as scum. Why? Maybe they were having a bad start to the day.

Then it hit me.

What if I had messed up the schedules on Yoongi's calendar and screwed up their schedules?

Just great.

But when even my gorgeous, kind unnie, Seohyun gave me a glare colder than ice, I knew something had to be wrong.

Something had to be very wrong.

I took the elevator up to the 50th floor as I did everyday, and was met by Taehyung standing in front of my desk, pacing frantically.

"Quick, come here." he beckoned to me, motioning to enter Yoongi's office.

I did and he told me things that caused my eyes to grow wider than a beach ball.

Lee Chaeyoung, the nasty witch strikes again.