Chapter 5

Hye Rin's P.O.V

"Hye Rin, take these papers and sort them out."

"Hye Rin, bring me my lunch."

"Hye Rin, give me my schedule now."

Hye Rin this, Hye Rin that.

Mr Min's demands seemed to be getting more and more unreasonable, my workload seemed to pile higher and higher, deadlines tighter and tighter, was this what it was like to work for the son of the Boss?

Every day for the next week, that damned Lee Chaeyoung kept coming up to my desk and delivering her daily dose of childish, lame remarks.

She would saunter in and raise her voice to a high pitched, shrill call for her boyfriend, before shooting cursory glances at me.

Most of the time Mr Min let her in. It had become a habit of mine to address him as Mr Min when speaking to him or about him formally, but refer to him as Yoongi when speaking to people like Taehyung. Over the week Taehyung and I had become good friends.

Today was Friday, Casual Day in the office. I donned a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, pulled a white T-shirt over myself, shrugging on a black leather jacket and jamming a knitted hat over my hair to keep the cold autumn breeze out of my ears. I decided to ditch the heels that had been blistering my feet for the past week and slid into a pair of my favourite pair of casual shoes- the Air Jordan 11.

I walked to the office because I had time and was stopped at the lift lobby by a familiar face. It was Taehyung.

"Ah, Hye Rin ah...want to go for lunch break together later?" He asked.

"I would, but only if schedule permits...Yoongi's been giving truckloads of work all of a sudden."

"Has he been nice to you?"

"We haven't spoken casually, he's just his usual brusque self. Oh, here's the elevator." I chuckled.

"Well I think it's time for you to start adjusting to your position as PA to one of the most important people in this company. Fighting!" Taehyung winked and made a gesture with his arms as he got off on the 30th floor.

In a matter of moments, I reached the 50th floor and the great metal doors of the lift slid apart soundlessly.

Sighing, I got to the huge desk and sat down, ready to pick up my work at where I had left off yesterday.

"Hye Rin!"

I groaned when I heard that intonation of the voice that could belong to only one person- Mr Min.

"Coming!"

I opened the door to Mr Min's office and awaited my next task.

"I need you to sort out these unanswered invitations, pick out five that you think are the most important and write back to the rest saying I can't attend their functions because I have plans." Mr Min slid a huge pile of letters across the table. Sighing, I gathered them and left the room as he put his shiny dress shoes on the table, yawning.

I began sorting through the letters. What was Mr Min thinking? Some of these invites were years old, and probably still unanswered. How had he managed to get away with that? I shook my head, perplexed.

I had sorted out the invitations by year and there were even invitations that were 5 years old. Either the previous PA had been a substandard one, Mr Min was giving me extra tasks on purpose or he had been too lazy to sort them out himself.

I suspected the second and third hypothesis to be true. I bundled up the older invites and labelled them before proceeding to read through all the invitations that had been sent this year.

Want to know the best part?

There were only five of them that were still valid, event date wise.

At this point, I knew my boss had to be messing with me.

Yoongi's P.O.V

The week was getting increasingly irritating, Chaeyoung began coming in more and more often and that annoyed me to no end. She didn't even have anything valid to do or talk about. It was always "I thought I would check to see how you were doing", which was weird because she had never come over this often. Her shrill voice and sour attitude seemed to suggest the exact opposite of what she claimed she had come to do, though.

I needed a good laugh to ease the pain of seeing Chaeyoung so often, and I wanted to test Hye Rin's nerve.

So I searched through my cabinet for a bunch of old letters inviting me to events that I had already attended, as well as five new invitations that I hadn't answered before calling Hye Rin into the room.

She came, and she looked so tired, I almost felt sorry for what I was about to do.

Almost.

I pushed the messy pile of letters across the table and told her to pick the best 5 events for me to attend out of all the 67 letters. At the end of the day, there were only 5 events among all of those invitations that I could actually attend because the dates hadn't passed yet, so it didn't matter what she picked for me, because she couldn't pick anything else.

She let out a barely audible sigh and gathered the envelopes before going back to the table. Barely 20 minutes later, she returned with neat stacks of paper.

"Your invitations, Mr Min. I've sorted them out."

"And? Which five events do you think I should attend?" I played along with the script in my mind.

"I think these would be best for you. I'll go for my lunch break now."

"Okay then, enjoy." I waved her away after she pushed me five fresh white envelopes while laying the rest of the bundled up letters aside on my table.

I opened up the five envelopes, just to confirm which events they were.

They didn't look like invitations at all.

Instead, they were five pieces of plain paper, each with one word on them.

I pieced them together and a sentence formed before my eyes.

Stop being such an ass.

I burst into peals of laughter.

What had I done in my past life to deserve a PA like this?

Burying my face in my hands, I had the best laugh that I'd ever had for the past week.