Chapter 20

Hye Rin's P.O.V

At 11 am sharp, I reached the office building. Another one of my merits, I could take as much time as the earth needed to make a hundred revolutions around the sun and still be on time, punctual and sharper than the edge of a Swiss knife.

I hung around the dark back of the building, wondering why Yoongi had chosen such a strange spot to meet me. It was desolate, it seemed so far away from the real world. It was like a lonely little piece of land isolated from civilisation, the overgrown garden and strong smell of earth damp with morning dew seemed to suggest so.

I waited for 10 minutes for Yoongi to come. Men nearly almost always got ready faster than women but were never on time. They could curse at the traffic and give a hundred thousand excuses to cover up the fact that they were just terrible at time management.

But when 20 minutes passed swiftly and Yoongi still hadn't shown up, I wondered whether he was just playing games with me. I texted the unknown number.

Hye Rin: Yoongi?? Where are you? It's been 20 minutes.

Hye Rin: Yoongi don't play games...

Hye Rin: Yoongi surely you're here somewhere? Where are you?

It was only literal seconds after the third text I sent that a reply came back.

Unknown: Behind you. Surprise, princess.

I turned around and was immediately dragged by the collar and blindfolded.

"Yah! Don't be so rough! Yoongi ah!" I giggled, thinking it was one of his brusquely sweet games he used to cover up his shyness.

"I'm not Yoongi, sweetie. You got the wrong number, hon. But you're going to see him in a bit."

I froze, my knees going weak at one shot from the voice that oozed thickly through my ears.

Before I could register who it was, although familiar, I was tied up and tossed into what I assumed to be a moving vehicle. A metal door slammed shut, blocking out any form of light that was once able to barely squeeze through the tight blindfold around my eyes. My skin was scraped raw against a poorly sanded wooden board, splinters cut through my skin, tears stung my eyes.

Where was Yoongi?

It was around another 20 minutes before I was roughly dragged out of the uncomfortable space. Already I could feel the blood dripping down from my cuts due to the way I had been handled.

"Put me down!"

"As you wish." I heard the voice again, slow and drippy.

That was when I realised that it sounded a lot like Chaeyoung. It would not be beyond her to do such a thing either. I felt myself being set into a hard surface, rickety but it felt better than earlier on. By the strong smell, I decided it was a wooden chair. The blindfold was suddenly ripped from my face, leaving a burning sensation across it, like as though I had just been given a tight slap.

"Yah!"

"Won't you shut up for a second instead of yelping like a dog? I removed your blindfold already so stop complaining!" I looked up and adjusted to the darkness around me.

I was in some sort of dilapidated house. And I was stuck here with Her Royal Impertinence, Lee Chaeyoung.

"Why am I here?"

"To put on a show for Yoongi."

Yoongi's P.O.V

After awhile, I awoke and felt myself tied up to a lousy, cheap wooden chair. I tugged at my ropes a little before hiding a small smile. Lee Chaeyoung clearly had no budget, the rope was thin and cheap, too.

Clearly I hadn't been in here for very long, I could still here the purring of an engine outside, loud and rattly, possibly from a very old van. I looked around me. I was in a dilapidated house. The paint was peeling off the walls and floors desperately needed sweeping. corner about 2 metres away from me was a small stove that ran on gas, as well as what looked like a full bottle of cooking oil, uncapped and sitting next to a 1.5 litre bottle of water, also full but uncapped.

I scraped the ropes against the chair as best as I could and within 10 minutes I could already feel them loosening their death grips on me. Tired, I closed my eyes and fell asleep. The wearing out of the rope would have to be done slowly, or my captors would notice.

I was awoken about 45 minutes later by loud voices and I opened my eyes just a tad bit. Chaeyoung seemed to be standing in near the gas stove, talking to someone who was bound by her arms in a chair. They argued and I heard my name briefly before I recognised the other figure in a chair. It was Hye Rin.

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR NUTS?" I heard Hye Rin yell.

"I think you should keep your volume down, or you'll wake your precious ball of fluff who's asleep over there." Chaeyoung pointed at me and I watched Hye Rin shake her head in disgust at Chaeyoung.

"I'm awake already!" I wouldn't let Chaeyoung be correct. I didn't feel like it.

"Oh, I guess he is. Well sit straight boy because the show is about to begin."

I was having a very bad feeling about this.

So I scraped at the ropes harder and faster, cutting my wrists deeper with the friction as Chaeyoung left the room.

She returned shortly with what looked like a plastic milk container in hand.

"That's it? You're going to pour milk all over her for me to see? How lame do you get, let us go!" I rolled my eyes.

"Pour milk? No, I think not." She opened the bottle cap and I watched her pour a ring of thick, oozy liquid in the shape of a circle around Hye Rin's chair.

"She's the reason why you don't love me anymore. With her out of the way, I can have my happily ever after. So watch her burn." Chaeyoung produced a something small and gave it a few flicks.

As soon as I saw the tiny speck of orange fire bounce out, I knew that Chaeyoung hadn't poured milk around Hye Rin's chair. Because now I could smell what it was.

Petrol.

She knelt down and put the fire to the ring of petrol and jumped back.

And so the flames ignited.