Chapter Six

That morning I got into school for our free period and frantically looked for Declan around our school campus.
Think think think... where would he be
Ah. Music rooms.
I trotted quickly round the other half of the school finding the L block, passing the drama studio and pushing some double doors open. I found Declan sat alone on a ledge under the stairs. He looked deep in thought.
"BoO!" I shouted as I gripped his shoulders in a tight grasp.
"Nothing scares me you wet wiipe"
He emphasised the "wet wipe" bit, showing his acknowledgement of my usage of the phrase in the text last night. My hands were still holding his shoulders as he looked round.
"Oh right... we'll see about that" I said dragging my fingers across his collarbones delicately. I felt him slightly shudder.
I pushed myself up with my arms on to the ledge and sat next to him.
"So. Why are you sat outside the music rooms, not in them?" I ask.
"They're locked... Mrs Randall never opens them until period 2, so I just came and sat here. Gabi can't be bothered to come in on a first period free period. My other friends go to Chayesfield." He sounded very bored, tired and annoyed when he explained this, I thought I might've been bothering him.
"Oh - you're tired aren't you?" I said giving an upturned smile.
"Yes. Very." He giggled a little and rested his head on my shoulder, which was much further down than he expected so his whole body leaned into mine. I could feel him smiling as his cheeks raised against my shoulder, which made my heart flutter a few times. I'm glad he was comfortable. We stayed like this for a while, uninterrupted.
"UM! Declan McKenna and..." the teacher looks me up and down wanting a response.
"Uh Y/F/N" I said looking her in the eye giving an innocent smile.
"Y/N, what are you doing sitting under the stairwell?"
"We have a free period, Miss." Declan said.
"Hmmmm I will see about these free periods" she scowled, pushed the double doors open, one in each hand and disappeared.
"Mrs Randall, a bitch" Declan said, jumping off the ledge, offering his hand to mine for me to get down.
"Ah, no. she didn't seem so lovely." I said batting his hand away and jumping down myself. But I fell awkwardly; I wasn't ready to drop. And I dropped. Declan just stood there laughing, arms crossed, shaking his head. I sat on the ground in embarrassment and laughed at myself.
"Y/N, what the fuck was that?" He laughed.
"Shut up Declan" I said, pulling up his avocado socks above his black skinny jeans making him look stupid.
He tugged at my Y/H/C hair.
I jumped up and stood square to him. I then noticed the height difference even more.
"You wanna fight" he said, towering over me on his tiptoes, his head a whole foot above mine.
"Go on then, bring ittttt" I said fake boisterously.
He moved his arm towards my stomach with his fingers wiggling on the end, and I squirmed.
"Agh how did you know I'm ticklish?!" I said trying to dodge every movement he made.
He shrugged, giggling as he chased me around the small little bit of carpet that we'd jumped onto from the ledge.
He finally caught me from behind and wrapped his arms around my waist, fingers still dancing into my skin. I squealed, laughing like a child again.
"DeccclaaAaAnnnn" I managed to muster between light, fast breaths. I squirmed so hard we both fell backwards on the floor, laughing a lot and I felt his breath on my neck and I tensed up, he's so warm. I held his arms and hands on my tummy, as we just stayed there, recovering from the fall, laughter and fun of having a little tickle chase.
Our breathing synchronised, since my ribcage was on top of his, and it slowed becoming more regular every second breath.
I rolled delicately off of him, to his side and looked up at him and he looked down at me and I shook my head and rolled my eyes whilst giving him a smile.
Gabi walked in and almost tripped up on us.
"The fuck are you doing on the floor you two?!" She exclaimed half laughing half confused as hell.
"Well, Y/N threatened to fight me, I of course defended myself by using my tickle tactics and she fell, on top of me, because she's a disrespectful little wet wipe and has no personal space awareness" he said poking my nose as we got up in unison dusting ourselves off. He pushed me over a little after he said "awareness" and raised his eyebrows at me.
"What are we going to do with the both of you?" She said making her way past us.
"We've got Philosophy and Ethics so hurry up cause that crazy teachers gonna have a go at us. And Declan, I know you're always late to the lesson and you're used to the yelling from that teacher, but we're not and it's Y/N's brand new reputation that you're gonna be dragging on the floor if you make us late." She looked sternly at Declan.
"Sorry mum" he said poking her in the back cause we'd caught up.

(A/N - chapter 6, 7 and 8 are all like sequels of one another kind of - that's why they all seem to have a weird incomplete endings haha x)