Chapter Twenty - Four

Gabi put her key in the door and let us in. Declan looked at me nodding his head up the stairs, smirking. I nodded and we ran up the stairs quickly before we got into the room and put our bags down. Declan pushed me against the wall and smoothed his hands over my collar bones smiling. He kissed me a few times timidly, and we both smiled as he did so but I had to push him away.

I had to talk to him about Mia before we started anything that night, it was important.

"What's wrong?" He asked quietly and concerned as I leant against the wall.

"Mia.." I began and his face already dropped, his expression changed from concerned to full of anger.

"What about her? She's a fucking bitch I don't want to hear her name" he spat in disgust.
"She's not bothering you is she?" He asked quickly after his outburst.

"Well..." I murmured. He nodded for me to continue.

"Monday, she phoned me up, asking me if you and I were a thing, I heard her mates giggling behind her and then she sounded all weird when I said yeah and stuff, I don't think she likes us being something I guess. Turns out Arthur gave her my number but that's not the point" I said.

Declan grew angrier but he let me continue.

"And then earlier, today, she came up
to me with her friends, she didn't actually do anything she's just passive and patronising oh and she stuck her tits in my face" I laughed a little at that point, Declan still looked mad.

After saying just that, I realised how much she hadn't done to me, the only thing that bothered me was the fact that I knew her and Dec had had a thing, and that was petty to be honest but I thought I should talk to him about that.

"I know it's not much, she's barely done a thing it's just... I know. I know you guys were like fuck buddies, and what not and I know that's over and done with and it was ages ago but I don't want this to be a problem or like an underlying thing between us. I'm pretty sure I'm... I'm in love with you, simply, Declan, I just..."

He came back to me and kissed me.

"I love you too Y/n. I do I do I do. Come on. We're going out again, chips."

So he took my hand and we ran downstairs and we both put light jackets on.

"Gabz we're going on a walk and getting chips. See you later yeah" Dec called as he slammed the door shut.

"So" he took my hand as we walked along the road.

"Mia. One red-haired, selfish and ugly cow." He began.

"So it goes. Before I focused on music, I used to go to a lot of parties, and of course Mia was there since she's Miss popular. I took some LSD, thought she was beautiful and fucked her for the first time, about a year and a bit ago. I regret it, it led to a whole chain of events." He explained, I nodded, we continued to walk but I didn't really know where we were going since it was the side of town I didn't know.

"So every once in a while, boyfriend or no boyfriend, she'd phone me up and we'd have sex. I didn't know what I was doing, it was so wrong."

"Why didn't you stop?" I asked. I wasn't angry, I just wanted to know.

"Because I had nothing else going for me. My lifestyle was shit. She was the only one who would give me attention, even if it was lousy. Of course she's fit in most boys eyes, and she was in mine, but she's one of the shittest human beings you could ever meet. She's an ugly person." I nodded.