Chapter Twenty - Six

Ping!

Outside x

Dec was here, perfect time. I smiled, ran downstairs, put my shoes on and opened the door. I was greeted by a smile in a suit, however he was still casual.

"Hi" he said, smirking a little, scanning me up and down.

"Hey" I looked down and we paused for a moment. We suddenly burst into action and I shut the door and grabbed Dec's hand as we walked towards the bus stop. We were silent but he rubbed my thumb.

"Wait" he said.

"Can we walk?" He asked.

I nodded.

We continued to walk past the bus stop and he looked at me, I looked at him back.

"Do you know why I didn't want to get the bus?" He asked, he stepped away from me as he questioned, hands still holding.

"Mmmmm" I said, shaking my head.

"For change. You're beautiful, whatever you do, but it's good to see you walking in the evening light. You're the image of walking beauty." He said, slowly, allowing the syllables to flow out of his mouth but still making an impact.

"One. I can beg to differ, but I'll thank you in the meantime. Two. You're such a cringey romantic Dec I swear to god. I love it." I smiled and crashed into his side and we continued to walk off to my house, where dinner awaited.

We got there, I didn't know whether to press the doorbell or to use my keys. I kept it formal and used the doorbell.

My mum answered, smiling, dressed smart - casual. She let us in and we sat down at the dinner table with my dad.

General conversations were made as we ate dinner. But as we finished and ate dessert, we spoke about the current situation.

"Declan, I just wanted to say you're always welcome here to stay with y/n, I see you guys are... well, like a thing now and I know you looked after her at Gabi's was it? house. I can trust you to be good to her." My dad said, nodding. He smiled.

"Of course, yeah it would be really nice to stay here. Can y/n stay at mine too sometimes?" Dec asked. 

"I think that'll be good too" my dad said, now looking at me. "I know that's kinda how this started, we didn't give you enough freedom... I think we can agree that you are actually capable of looking after yourself a bit more, without us looking over your shoulder." He said looking at my mum for agreement. She nodded.

"Yeah, I would like that." I laughed a little and smiled at Declan, he smiled back.

I was allowed back to Gabi's that night, and that's where we stayed.

This time we got the bus back, we listened to our playlist on my phone with a splitter and Dec rested his head on my shoulder as I stared out the window. As we got off, I noticed it was the same bus driver as we had had before. He smiled and friendly winked at us as we passed him.

"Nice chap" I said as the bus drove past us. It was now dark.

Dec nodded and linked my arm. He looked at me and grinned.

"I know I've said this before... and I'll say it more and more, I'm sure. (A/N Okay wow I'm sounding like fucking Dr Seuss now haha) I really do like you.

I nudged him.
"Me too, with you." And I kissed his cheek.

As we got in, I noticed the place was empty. The lights were off but the scent of a sandalwood incense stick wafted through my nose.

I didn't turn any lights on, but I lightly grabbed Declan's hand and lead him upstairs. I pushed our door open and walked to the bed. I lay down on one side and let Dec have the other; a pillow each. He turned on the bedside lamp but shone it towards the table it was on, so it was very dim and set a chilled mood.

Dec played with my hair; twisted and twirled it around his fingers delicately and hummed a song I didn't know. I felt at ease.

I leaned in and kissed him, now I was playing with his hair. We giggled and rolled around a bit, it wasn't sexual, yet, but it was playful. It was fun. It was happy. I was happy.