~ Teaser ~

It was so cold...

It was so dark...

Eomma? Where am I?

I balled myself up, hugging my knees as I laid on the bottom of a metal cage.

What happened? I remember being outside in the park with my friends, then a female came up to me. She told me you had been in an accident Eomma, and then offered to take me the hospital in the car with her.

I'm so scared Eomma...

Eomma? Can you hear me?

I heard muffled voices nearby and my eyes clamped shut out of fright.

"I want the money you offered me!" The female yelled. "That's our deal! I got you the girl and you paid me. My whole career is at stake if people find out-"

"Stop yelling then." The voice replied. I heard a happy sound and footsteps, specifically heeled footsteps walk away. I laid there with my eyes closed, hoping that maybe he would think I'm asleep. Or even better. Dead.

I had only just turned six, what would they want with me?

"You're awake." I heard the cage lid be opened and I peeked out of one eye. "I can tell you're awake. I suggest acting it before you get your first beating, brat!"

I opened my eyes and saw the face of a male I'd grow to see as my father, my mentor and my elder brother all in one.

From that day on, I grew to be what I am.

Eomma? I'm a hunter now.