Chapter Three

It had been three years since all 'outed' vampire groups had went into hiding and that included my brothers.

"I hope you're all safe." I whispered quietly as I sat there combing through my hair.

I was nearly nineteen now. Since the age of sixteen I had lived alone in a small apartment the boys had bought me before they went into hiding.

I hadn't joined forces with the hunters, I wasn't somebody who believed all vampires were monsters. Just like humans who weren't all innocent.

I was a hired hitman, or rather woman. Hired by the human police who weren't trained to kill vampires. If there was ever a rogue vampire beyond saving, I'd have the delight of tearing the life from it.

I hummed quietly as my phone played the music in the background.

They promised they'd call, they'd promised they'd be back soon... and I missed them.

But I knew it wasn't all too safe in this world for them. They'd be back. I know them, they wouldn't be as weak to let some humans take control of them.

"Eomma, it's been twelve years since I was taken from you..." I hummed strapping the stake to my thigh as I stood in front of the body length mirror in just underwear. "I don't remember much about you, except you used to enjoy singing and playing the piano. How are you?" I asked nobody. "Are you well? Did you have that accident? Why didn't you come find me?"

I stood in silence as I strapped another weapon around my thigh, further up.

"But don't worry now Eomma, I'm able to fend for myself thanks to the boys. I mean they have have bought me from the woman who took me, and they were vampires... but they aren't all bad... you know?" I hummed gently. "They raised me as if I was a vampire, as if I was no different to them."

I tugged a dress on over my figure.

"Eomma, I miss you." My voice was quiet now as I tied up my hair and sprayed some perfume on me. "But you're too far gone now for me to know you. I hope you're well."

I kept quiet after that until my phone rang.

I walked over to it.

"Hello?" I picked it up and held it to my ear as I grabbed my purse, which also had a small knife in it... just in case, and money.

"Hi, you vehicle is waiting outside for you." The chief of the police department spoke and then hung up. I slid into some black heels at the door and looked over at the full length mirror.

If I didn't know that tonight wasn't a date night, or a night to impress anyone, I would have complimented myself on my looks.

I walked out my apartment, locking the door, and making my way down to the front of the building.

"Ji An, where are you going?" The male at the reception grinned lopsidedly at me.

"On a date, I'll be back late. As per usual no one goes in." I smiled back leaving the building and climbing into the black car waiting down the path.