Chapter Twenty Eight // Ending One

Surprise update!

"Min Yoongi!" Seokjin yelled bursting into Yoongi's room, his face red. "Your mate is dying and you're just sitting here feeding off prostitutes!"

"You're all lying..." Yoongi drawled, almost as if he was drunk off the blood of the woman who just left his room moments ago. "You're just trying to get me and her back on good terms-" With that Seokjin grabbed Yoongi's head, throwing the images he had seen of Ji An when he had visited into his mind.

"Why would we lie?" Seokjin spat. "Now that you've seen that, if you don't want to see her. Don't. But at this point, we all believe she's holding on until you see her." With that Seokjin left Yoongi's room.

Yoongi sat there stunned. It had been a month since he was told and he hadn't believed them when they had told him that she was dying. But it was true-

His heart ached, immediately changing from his blood stained clothes and heading out, ignoring the questions of Namjoon and Hoseok on where he was going.

When he arrived at the house, the boys glared him down. "You took your time, considering you're her mate."

"I'm sorry - She was just always so strong... I thought it was a ploy to get us back to being okay-" He choked out. Tears welling in his eyes. Taeyang then took pity on the black haired vampire stood before him.

"Well, you know where her room is." He spoke, slightly warmer.

--

Yoongi gently entered her room, a choked sob leaving his lips as the door shut. In front of him lay a practically lifeless Ji An. All her veins noticeable and black, her facial features sunken, and her chest barely rising and falling.

He rushed to her side, taking her hand into his. Flinching at how cold it was.

"J-Ji An-" He choked out over the lump in his throat. He hoped that this was just some elaborate joke, and that she would sit up and laugh quietly and ruffle his hair muttering her 'I love you'. But she didn't even flinch when he spoke. His eyes trailed up to the weeping wounds on her neck from the other vampire. His fangs grew. "I'll save you, I promise. Even if you wake up hating me-"

His fangs slid into the open wounds, and when the infected blood entered his mouth, he nearly threw up at the bitter taste. But he continued drinking, trying to ignore the taste. His mind was solely focused on saving her.

Once he had drank as much as he could stomach, he bit into his own wrist and put it to her lips. Her lips weakly suckled before stopping. Her chest rising and falling before Yoongi stopped hearing the faint beat of her heart.

"N-No! Ji An!" He cried out. "D-Don't you dare die on me!" He shook her gently, but got no response. Not even another breath.

His heart felt heavy, he hadn't just lost his mate. But he never got to make up the fact that he was a complete asshole to her before she kicked them out - she had never forgiven him.

He wailed. He couldn't help it. He couldn't help but wail at the pain that ridiculed his body until he turned, throwing up the black blood on the floor. He choked out sobs as he clutched her pale hands tight in his own.

"I'm sorry-" He cried out. "I-I was such a dick-" He sniffled. "I should have believed Bangtan, I should have tried saving you sooner!" He got no response, and the pain just grew as he knelt beside the bed, tears rolling down his cheeks until he felt the soft arms of Jimin lift him slightly.

"Hyung, we need to go..."

"No!" Yoongi cried out. "I-I can't leave her!"

"Hyung! She's dead! No matter how long you stay here with her, that won't change!" Jimin snapped. Silencing Yoongi, apart from his small sniffles. "Let her family have time with her. You'll see her eventually." Jimin's tone softened as he helped guide Yoongi out the room.

"I love you-" Yoongi whimpered looking back at her once more.