Chapter Nineteen

Every ounce of me wanted to help her, I'd been terrible to her since she snuck off to help us and now I regretted everything.

She wasn't struggling, but she wasn't flying through this guy with ease either.

"I'm going to kill you." He snarled.

"Killing me won't bring her back." She shrugged and turned her back to him, reaching into one of the books on a book case. Everyone watched her. She flicked through the pages.

"Ji An!" I yelled as the male launched himself at her, his fangs extended for the kill.

I tugged against the people holding me back, but their grip tightened. The other boys didn't move.

"Sneak attacks won't work with me." She tucked something into her waistband and turned easily ducking out the way.

"Yah, silence him." The male spat pointing at me. Hands covered my mouth and I pulled harder to break free. No luck.

"You're holding the rest of them with your mind, just hold him too. I want to have a real challenge and face you all at once..." She hummed quietly.

She didn't have a chance against one- never mind all of them-

"No!" I yelled, muffled until the grip was released on me. I still couldn't move.

"That's it." She hummed.

'All we can do is trust her' Namjoon's voice was in my head.

We stood there for a painful ten minutes watching her get beat and battered by these vampires.

She landed on the floor, panting heavily, unable to get back up.

She was exhausted.

Her eyes briefly met with mine before she reached to her waistband. A small silver blade rested in her palms. She balled her hand into a fist and the smell of her blood filled my nostrils.

I knew from visually seeing they didn't cause her to bleed, but my instincts told me they did.

"You injured her!" I yelled and before I knew it I was charging full force at them.

"You broke free- how?" One stuttered.

"I was bleeding." She stood up. "Once a mate smells their human mates blood, it's game over."

"Mate?!" The male yelled. I nodded and she launched herself at one whilst I did the other. The other boys breaking free and joining in.

"Yah, Ji An!" I called out watching her blood drip from her palm still. Her eyes slowly closing over.

"I'm going after them." She spoke weakly. "They got away-"

"No, you're injured and tired." I walked up to her and almost as if on cue she took a shaky step before collapsing, her head on my shoulder.

"I have to..."

"Just stay..." I held her close. She didn't argue back, her head just rested there.

"Get a room." Jin joked. I glared at him before her voice spoke again.

"Yoongi?" With that her body dropped and I caught her just in time.