Chapter Twenty Nine // Ending Two

Yoongi didn't believe them at first. Not until he had a sudden gut feeling that something was wrong. So with that he rushed off. However, not directly to her home.

He took a small detour to a local witches shop.

"Miss-" He panted lightly. "I don't mean to intrude on such late notice, but my mate... she's gone necrotic. Have you got anything to save her? Please..." he begged.

"To save a vampires mate?" She laughed bitterly. "Not a chance. Get lost Brat."

"Please Miss... she's all I have left-" Yoongi soon had to deeply swallow the lump in his throat. She met his eyes.

"Why you- You're lucky I haven't cursed you for not leaving my shop!" She spat.

"I'll do anything-"

"Anything?" The old witch chirped up. "My son, he's twenty one and has weeks left to live due to a terminal illness. My potions stopped delaying the process. Save him and I'll brew you something up."

"The only way I can save him is to change him-"

"I'm fully aware." She spoke bluntly. "Please, just save him."

Yoongi returned from the back room of the shop a small while later. Fangs retracted and a vile of blood in hand.

"He only needs my blood to stop the thirsting once." He spoke softly. "Now please... my mate..."

"Here." She slid a beaker of black liquid across the table. "Free of charge."

"W-What does that do?"

"Changes her back to human. Inject it into her with a needle." She slid that across. "Once the entire thing is injected, you have exactly two minutes to change her back. If you don't, she'll die from this."

"There's no other way?" He asked, the whole idea seeming far too risky for him.

"Unfortunately no. I'll be in contact with you over my son soon. Thank you." She spoke, a glint of kindness in her voice.

Yoongi bowed before leaving and sprinting to her house.

He ignored her brothers and headed straight to her room, finding her vein on her pale arm immediately and sighing softly.

"I'll save you." He spoke softly, pushing the hair from her eyes. "And then I'll make it up to you, I promise."

With that Yoongi injected her with the brew the witch had gave him, making sure the entire thing was inside before his fangs extended and he bit into her neck.

He felt her pain as she whimpered quietly, once Yoongi had done all he could in an attempt to change her, he perched on the edge of the bed, holding her hand gently.

"C'mon..." he whispered softly. "I need you to wake up."

His ears tuned out everything else except her. He was hyper aware of her heartbeat, and his breath hitched as he heart it slow to a complete stop.

"No..." he choked out. "No!"

He would raise concerns with the elder boys downstairs. But he didn't care.

"I-I did it all right! I swear!" Tears rolled down his cheeks as he sat. His grip on her hand tight.

Then, almost as if it was some scene from a fairy tale, the sun grew brighter outside and her pale body rolled into her side and into his touch.

"Y-Yoongi?" Her voice was barely above a whisper, but he heard it.

"I'm right here Ji An..." he whispered softly, breath hitching in his throat. He was confused at this. He couldn't hear her heartbeat, but colour flourished across her skin and she looked as if she wasn't on deaths door for three weeks.

"My heart matches yours you doofus." She mumbled quietly, cracking her eyes open and looking up at him. Using her spare hand to pull him down with force even he couldn't resist.

"I-I thought it didn't work-" he choked out.

"Well it did, now you're stuck with me for eternity." She smiled softly, gently connecting their lips.