Chapter Four

I stood beside my 'date' for the evening. He looked rather stuck up, uninterested and quite frankly was most definitely not my type.

"You're wearing far too much makeup." He spoke lowly sipping his champagne as we stood in the corner of the room.

"I'm not wearing any makeup." I shrugged.

"Liar! I can't stand liars!" He growled. I grabbed a napkin off a tray passing and completely wiped my face with it, no makeup on the white paper.

My eyebrows raised.

"Do you want to repeat that?" I asked. He went quiet.

I'd been told right through from the age of six till now I had impeccable skin. Many would joke about saying I looked like a vampire with the practically 'perfect' body. But that wasn't the case, I was still one hundred percent human. Vampires too, get outbreaks and such, they had a very high standard of skin care and body weight they had to maintain.

After living with vampires for twelve years, it passed on to me.

"Now it's the couple dance." Someone announced. I walked ahead, not giving my date an option to decline. I needed this as a way to get closer to everybody.

He huffed from behind me and I turned and he took my waist. We swayed side to side for a bit as I surveyed everyone in the near area.

"Are you okay? You seem paranoid?" My date asked quietly. I nodded.

Often my 'dates' didn't know who or what I was, So I always left it like that.

"My friend said she would be here tonight, I'm just looking for her." I hummed softly and then I noticed it as the song finished, the vampire with red eyes pinning a woman to the wall on the other side of the room. It looked like a heated make out session with him kissing her neck- until the red eyes flashed.

"I'll be right back." I spoke and walked over to the woman with wide eyes threatening to spill.

"Ah! I've been looking for you everywhere!" I smiled at the woman. The male lifted his head. No blood, yet.

"Who-"

I held a finger to my lips and offered my hand.

"I found the most delicious cake, you must try it!" I giggled and she took my hand smiling. On her hand quickly I traced the characters for my name.

"Did you do the couple dance with anyone Ji An?" She smiled.

"Ah yeah. My date, I need to introduce you to him." We walked away from the vampire.

I found a member of the police undercover.

"Nearly had a fatality Sir." I spoke and looked the girl in the eyes. "I'm Ji An, a special force officer. You're in safe hands now."

"Thank you." She threw her arms around my neck hugging me. I smiled softly enjoying the feeling of a hug.

"It's no problem, once we've finished up here we'll take you home." I smiled and she pulled away. I turned and saw the vampire leaving, a slight crazed look on him.

"Keep safe!" She smiled. I bowed my head and left the venue after the vampire.