Chapter Twenty One

Months had passed. The hunters were still trying to kill all vampires in existence and we hadn't seen nor heard from the vampire hunter who was a vampire. This is what kept the boys on edge after last time where I could've died.

They always sent Jimin with me when I went to collect blood bags since he could easily blend in as another hunter.

But one day, as we turned the corner onto the street that held the blood place - we noticed screams of pain. Screams of terror and we could smell smoke.

"Jimin, head back to the house." I spoke softly. "They're targeting vampires. If someone notices you-"

"I can't leave you by yourself." He spoke quietly. "I promised Yoongi Hyung that I'd-"

Before he could finish his sentence, a stake came flying towards him. I swiftly reached and grabbed it, Jimin looked at me with wide eyes.

I then turned to face the direction that it had came from, and there stood the vampire hunter who was a vampire.

"I can hold him off long enough for you to get to the safety of the boys." Jimin's eyes turned red underneath his cap.

"I'm not leaving you either Jimin." I spoke softly, throwing the stake in the air with a spin before catching it.

"Ah, if it isn't you again Ji An." He smirked, his fangs catching the firelight coming from the blood bank. "It's a pleasure to meet you, my apologies for our last encounter. I was just dreadfully hungry and you were protecting monsters."

"How can you stand there and call Vampires monsters when you're one yourself?" I spat, glaring at the man. "If anything you're a rogue vampire."

I stepped in front of Jimin, narrowing my eyes in determination.

"And do you know what I do to rogue vampires?" I spoke, a smirk on my lips. His face mirrored mine. "I put them down."

"I'd like to see you try, sweetheart." He smirked.