Chapter Twenty Five

I waited patiently for my brothers to return. I'm the last few years I had killed my mother, killed several hundred vampires and vampire hunters, had a mate, lost a mate, and lost another family.

For the most part, many people had stood down and allowed vampires to co-exist among humans, it was precisely eleven months ago today that that treaty was re-written. It was ten months ago when I kicked Bangtan out.

The tension between Yoongi and I was too high, and the rest of the boys could feel it. No matter how many times I tried to be kind, or tried to rekindle things, he'd push me away or bring some girl back.

So eventually I gave up.

Namjoon and I call occasionally, mainly because he's worried about my hunger due to me being 'reborn' as a vampire within the last couple of years. But apart from that, I hadn't spoken to anybody, Bangtan or even a human, since.

I was lounging around the house, disliking the emptiness, the hollow insides.

Before the war broke out against vampires so they were eradicated, I had my big brothers here with me. Once the war broke out they bought me a run down apartment that would've been too small if I had put my training aside and decided to settle down, and they disappeared off the face of the planet. A while later they'd sent a group of seven men, young and fresh faced, to be protected by me.

So much had happened, and so many people were in this house and there was barely a quiet moment. Even within the last few days of them being here, it was full of noise. Mainly of either Yoongi and I arguing, or Yoongi and his new female companion having their alone time.

I sighed softly, tossing the knife up in the air and catching it.

My heart ached with the loss of so many close people and with the loss of my mate. But I could cope by myself.

I didn't have a biological family anyway, or rather I didn't grow up with one.

So at times, despite my big brothers being around, I still felt alone.

I was used to it. I could cope.

"Ji An, are you home?" A familiar voice filled my ears and I sat up excitedly and burst out the living room. Tears welling up in my eyes.

"You're home!"