Chapter 14

Kenzie's POV( New year )
Today we are celebrating New year and of course my sister, Jack, Lauren, Johnny, Darian, Maddie, and our parents are all together.

" Hello gorgeous." John said wrapping me around his muscles." Hi John." I said then he released me and looked at me frowning.

" That's it? No compliment back?" He asked." I'm just kidding. Hi Cutie." I said and giggled.

" Sup Jenzie." Lauren said butting in our conversation." Sup our favourite third wheeler." Johnny said as we both laughed.

" Haha, very funny." Lauren said sarcastically." Sometimes Lauren. You got to find your man." I said smirking.

" But... I have to meet him first." John said." Overprotective John." I said and laughed. " I have to. It's my duty to keep my eyes for her." He said.

" That's why I like you." I said placing my hand on Johnny's chest and my arm around his waist then we started to lean in for a kiss.

" Hey, would you look at that. It's an hour till midnight." Lauren said ruining the moment. I rolled my eyes.

" Way to ruin the moment Lolo." John said." Save your kisses later at midnight." Lauren snapped and left.

I chuckled and my face on Johnny's chest. I looked up and smiled at him. He kissed my forehead and smiled.

Jack called us to eat so we went downstairs to eat." So, how was the relationship doing?" Mom asked teasing us.

" Mom." I blushed calling her. They all laughed. John held my hand." It's doing  great." John said and kissed my hand. Everyone awed.

" Why haven't you guys confirmed it yet?" Maddie, Johnny's sister asked." We're planning on it. Just another hint then we're ready." I said.

" I'm shooting another video with Sia." Maddie, my sister said." That's great." Mom said proud.

" Well, we're planning on doing another song." I said." Yay! Another Jenzie song." Lauren said cheerfully.

We all laughed." The director of the show just called and said that we are going to shoot next week." Jack said.

" Busy year for us." Johnny said." It's almost midnight. Let's set up the fireworks." Dale said.

We all agreed. We fixed the table and cleaned the dishes. After that we headed outside. We said hi to the neighbors and wait for the last minute.

" What's your New year's resolution Mack?" John asked with his hands on his pocket." Keeping out of drama when we announce our relationship." I said sliding my hands on his waist.

" What's yours?" I asked." To be right beside you all the time." He said wrapping me around his arms.

I rested my head on his chest." Hey guys it's 30 seconds till midnight." Mom said.

We looked the sky and to each other." Happy to have you." He said sending chills down my spine.

Dale and the rest set the fireworks and we all count down." 6, 5, 4, 3, 2,...1!" We all count down.

" Happy New year!!!" We all shouted. Johnny held my chin and stared at each other's eyes. We started leaning towards each other until our lips sync.

I placed my hands around his neck and pull him closer while his hands on my waist.

It was long, sweet, and passionate kiss I ever did first with the guy who made my heart melt for him.

We pulled apart slowly as we opened
Our eyes slowly." Whoo!" We heard Lauren said.

We looked behind us and our family was all together shocked staring at us. Maddie and Lauren was holding their phones and I know it's bad.

We stood there awkwardly. This is embarrassing. Seriously. Our parents saw us kiss.

The cheeky smiles on their faces. I grabbed Johnny's hand and ran away from them. I don't even know where we are going but we ended up in the park.

I let a huge sigh of relief then I heard John laughing. I looked at him and got lost in his eyes.

He came closer and held my hand." What a crazy start of a year huh?" He asked." More crazy than I thought it would be." I replied.

We started walking holding hands looking at the sky filled with fireworks." Do you remember the time when we first met?" He asked.

" Yeah, why?" I asked." Well when I first saw you I have to be honest I kinda start falling for you." He said.

I looked at him and smiled." At first I don't really like you but it all changed when we did the music video for " the most " that low key confirmed it." I said then giggled.

" Wow. I just realized that we have to go back before our parents kill us." I said looking at my phone.

We head back home and they were all talking and laughing." Where have you been?" Maddie asked.

" Probably smooching or eating each other's faces." Lauren said laughing." Ew, no." I said disgusted.

" Whatever you say." Lauren said and rolled her eyes." I'm going to sleep." I said and head up to my room.

Hey guys thanks for reading make sure to vote, comment, and follow me for more stories. Make sure to add this story to your library and read my other books. Peace!