Chapter 1

(JENNIFER)

I press down on the gas petal lightly and the car starts up. My phone buzzes beside me and I look down. "I'm home where are you?" It's from nick. I pull into the nearest gas station and turn off the car. "I'm on my way." I text back walking into the gas station. I walk in and see that it's mostly empty besides one other person. I walk into the back and get a bottle of water and some skittles. I walk up to the cash register and hand them to the worker along with my credit card, when a magazine catches my eye. They all have me on it with bright red words across the page saying disaster casting: the hunger games, I pick it up and start reading ignoring the cashier when he try's to hand me the other credit card. It shows me with head lines saying Jennifer Lawrence cast as Katniss Everdeen........ I read on until my eyes get clouded with tears. I buy the magazine and leave struggling to blink the tears out of my eyes.

I get in my car and drive as fast as I can to my house. I stuff the skittles and water in my purse and walk into my house. I see nick sitting on the couch, "are you okay? " he asks sitting up and looking at me. I throw the magazine at him and walk into our bedroom. I kick my heels off and take the skittles out of my purse and open them. I pour some into my mouth and lay down still crying. I hear footsteps in the hallway but I don't say anything.

"Jen it's not true there just mean people okay?" He says sitting on the bed next to me. "I just want to go to sleep nick." I say. "Jennifer, look at me." He says putting his face right in front of mine. "You are not fat, okay? You're perfect." He says pressing his lips to my head. "I love you." He says stroking my hair. "I love you too." I say.