Chapter 13

(JENNIFER)

I wake up and see that nick has already left for work so I shower and get dressed in some sweat pants and a t-shirt, then walk into the kitchen and get some chips off the top of the fridge. I sit down on the couch and turn on the tv, then I hear a knock on the door and get up. I open it and see josh standing there, "Hey, Josh what's up?" I move away from the door so he can come in, shutting the door behind him. "Um... Gary isn't going to direct Catching Fire, he didn't tell me why." After a long pause I decide to speak. "Oh, is there going to be a new director?" I ask, nervously tapping my fingers on my hip. "Yeah, his name is Francis. I haven't met him yet, but he seems nice enough from what I've heard." He says. "that's good I guess, you wanna to sit down?" I sit back down on the couch. Josh sits next to me, propping his feet up on the coffee table.

"So when do we start filming?" I look over at him. "In a couple of days" I finally see a small smile creeping onto his lips. "Really! Where are we staying?" I ask, smiling back at him. "In a hotel in Atlanta, we won't be staying there for long, where gonna go to Hawaii too." He answers. "That's gonna be great." I say. "So I um saw you outside with nick, you seem like you've got everything worked out between you too." his smile fades.
"Yeah, um...not really. Well unless you count him not telling me if he did or did not sleep with another women and the fact that after that I kinda accidentally had sex with him." I say. "Sorry if that was a little much, It just happened last night and I needed to tell someone." I hold back the tears, I didn't even feel like crying yesterday, but now that my anger has subsided I suddenly feel like crying. "I'm so sorry Jen, I don't know what to say. No one deserves to have that happen especially not you. You at least deserve an explanation, but Im sure you won't get one." He pulls me into a hug, I lean my head on his shoulder and just let the tears fall, even though I know I'm getting his shirt wet. "I just can't stop trying to figure out what it was that was wrong with me. I...mean I get it I wouldn't want to be with me either after what I did but there has to be something. Am I not pretty enough or was I just not good enough in bed? I'm just so confused and..." I say, my voice shaking as I trail off closing my eyes and pulling him closer. My hands squeeze at the back of his shirt and I listen his heart beat trying to calm down. "Jennifer listen to me, there's nothing wrong with you. You're beautiful and funny and sweet. I love you and I want you to know that." My eyes open wide as I realize what he's saying. "Thanks Josh, Nicks gonna be home soon so I think you should go. I'll see you soon though, okay?" I pull away from him and sit back on the couch. "Bye." He walks out and as I watch him walk out the door I can't help but smile, we were going to be together in Atlanta for weeks.