Chapter 26

(Jennifer)

I wipe the tears off with my blanket and pick up my phone. "Hey." I hope Josh can't hear me. "I've been calling you all day! I'm really sorry about how I acted before can I please have another chance?" He asks, talking almost to fast for me to understand. "Um.. Yeah why don't you come by my apartment in an hour I'll text you the address." I glance over at the closet. "Okay that sounds great. I have somewhere special to take you I think you'll really like it." He tells me, excitedly. "Okay I'll see you soon." I end the phone call. I get up and open my closet searching for something to wear. I grab a black crop top and skirt and walk into the bathroom.

I wash my face first cleaning all the tears off and brush my teeth. I start trying to undo the strap on my push up bra and after a few minutes finally get the straps off. I put my shirt and skirt on and open the cabinet, pulling out my makeup bag. I put on some eye liner and mascara, then some lip gloss. I comb through my wavy hair with my fingers and eventually come across a style I like. Then I walk out and grab my jacket off the bed and put on my high heels. I avoid looking at Josh when I walk outside but I can feel him staring at my back.

I step out into the warm night air and see nicks car pull up just as I'm walking down the steps. "Perfect timing." I say, opening the passenger door and getting in. "You look amazing by the way." We drive off going a few miles over the speed limit, I don't think he notices. "Thanks." I smile out my window, he's being extra sweet tonight. "So where are you taking me? Or is it a surprise?" I look over at him. "The Italian restaurant. It's your favorite right?" He asks, looking away from the road at me and then back. "Yeah" I think about how last time we came here we were arguing, I try to wipe the thought out of my mind as soon as I think it. He pulls up right in the front and gets out.

I do the same walking with him to the door, he pulls it open holding it for me and walks behind me. I walk to the back hoping that we won't be disturbed as much there and sit down. "I've missed you so much." He leans in towards me. "Yeah I've missed you too." I take one of his hands and start stroking his fingers. "What would you two like to drink?" The waitress asks, interrupting the silence. "I'd like Dr. Pepper" I drop his hand.

The waitress returns with our food about ten minutes later, "Could you bring us some champagne please?" He asks the waitress. "Yeah I'll be right back." She walks away, quickly. I start eating my food ignoring the burning feeling on my tongue. I look up and see Nick staring at me. I stop eating and wipe my hands off taking a drink of my champagne. "Are you ready to go?" I take another drink. "Yeah." He walks with me outside. "You're not to drunk to drive are you?" I ask, getting in the car with him. "No I'm fine."

We pull up at my apartment in minutes. I unbuckle my seat belt and turn towards Nick and he leans towards me starting to kiss me, and pulls me closer to him putting his hand on the exposed part of my back. He moves his hand up my shirt feeling around my bra strap. "This bra gives you back fat." He mumbles, moving his hand down my back. I move away as his hands are reaching my butt and open my door. "Wait Jen, I'm sorry." He looks surprised I pulled away. "No! Just stop calling me okay? I don't want to talk to you or see you anymore you're such an asshole Nick God!" I slam the car door and run up to my apartment. I hear his car pull off and open the door, kicking my heels off and throwing my jacket on the floor. I take Josh's shirt off the floor and take off mine, putting his on and pull my skirt off leaving it with my shirt on the floor. Then I pull the cover away from him and slide onto the couch with him breathing in his smell.

A/N: well that took an unexpected twist. Comment your thoughts? 💕