Chapter 7

(JENNIFER)

I wake up and I feel like I have been punched about twenty times in the stomach. I get up and realize that my legs have blood dripping down them and that it's all over the couch, blankets, and my pants. "Dammit." I whisper, walking over to my phone and picking it up leaving a trail of blood behind me. I call nick and he doesn't answer, I go back and sit on the couch frustrated. I don't really want to ask josh to help me but I can't think of any better solution right now. I pick up my phone and decide to text him that way it's a little less awkward. I start to type, Hey josh I know this is kinda weird but I sort of forgot that um I was on my period and I kinda need you to like get me something to clean the couch and floor with because it looks like someone got murdered in here. I send it and decide to call Gary and tell him I can't film today. "Hey, Gary I can't film today I feel absolutely awful and I just can't do it, I'm sorry can we film an extra day like this weekend maybe?" I ask. "Yeah that's fine we only had one scene to do today anyway." He says. "Thanks I gotta go." I hang up, jumping when I hear someone knock on the door.

"You can come in!" I yell, making sure that Josh can hear me. He walks in and sets a bag down on the floor and looks around his eyes wide. "How the hell did that happen?" He points to the trail of blood across the room. "I had to get my phone." I laugh. "All that blood came out of you?" He says laughing. "Yes." I say looking at the bag, I try to make out what's in it but I can't see. "Okay well here." He hands me the bag is there anything I could help you with?" He asks, still looking at the blood spots on the floor. "You could help me clean this up but I'm guessing you don't want to." I say pulling stuff out of the bag. There's bleach, paper towels, candy, pads, tampons, and a bottle of water. "Where did you get all of this?" I ask looking up at him. "The girl at the store helped me because I told her what happened." He says. "Oh, we'll thanks. You don't have to stay if you don't want we're not filming today." I say. "Okay." He says picking up his empty Dr. Pepper can from last night and throwing it in the trash. "I'm gonna go take a shower, lock the door if you leave." I walk into the bathroom with some grey sweat pants and a pink shirt.

I take a shower and dry myself off slowly hoping to procrastinate cleaning the couch and get dressed. I put my hair up in a messy bun, keeping it mostly out of my face, besides my bangs. I walk into the living room and see the place almost exactly how it was when I first got here yesterday, except with my stuff still on the floor and josh cleaning the floor on the other side of the room.

When I come in he looks up at me, "you didn't have to do that." Is the best thing I can think to say. "I know I just didn't really think you would want to." He says throwing away the last bit of paper towels and washing his hands. I feel so uncomfortable with josh here, but not really uncomfortable it just feels so good to be around him and even better to kiss him, but I'm with nick and I know I shouldn't be with josh not last night and definitely not now. "So when are you going to go back home?" He asks sitting down on the couch next to me. "Tonight I guess." I say, crossing my ankles. "So Um thanks for helping me today and last night, your a really good friend and I don't wanna mess anything up with us." I sigh. "Yeah, me either." He agrees.

I decide to stop procrastinating and I walk into my house, nick is sitting on the couch. "Hey, sorry I was gone so long." I say walking closer to him. "Where were you?" He asks. "I stayed on set in my trailer." I say leaving out the part where josh was with me almost the entire time. "Oh, I get why you left and I'm really sorry about how I was acting I was just really stressed about getting the part." He says. I sit down next to him crossing my legs. "I missed you really bad, can you forgive me?" He asks. "Of,course." I say smiling. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." I say, and just like that were together again, everything is perfect. Except one problem, josh.