Chapter 4

(JOSH)

I walk around my hotel room thinking about what Jen said. The words "He was just being really.... Inappropriate and it bothered me", continue to run through my mind. Making me even more upset about it as I keep thinking about it. I hear a knock at my door and open it.

A small girl with blonde hair and blue eyes stands in front of it. I recognize her as the girl I met at the bar. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask trying not to sound rude. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out, can I come in?" She leans up against the door frame. "Um sure." I mumble. She walks in pulling the door closed behind her. "So I was just wondering since you're like a girl and stuff.... If you had a boyfriend and someone you really liked told you they like wanted to be more than friends would you be mad at them?" I ask thinking of Jen. "We'll, this girl you're talking about, does she like you back?" She asks, sitting down next to me on the bed. "I don't know, I mean I don't think so... She spends a lot of time with me." I say grateful to confess to someone how I really feel. "You should ask her, maybe if your nice she'll make the first move.. Girls like nice guys.. Well most girls anyway." She smiles at me. "I was kinda thinking she might break up with her boyfriend soon, but I don't know maybe it bothered me more than her." I look down at the floor. "What happened?" She asks putting her hand on my shoulder. "She wasn't very descriptive about it but she said he was being inappropriate this morning and I just keep wishing she would've told me more because now I keep imagining these crazy scenarios in my head." Thinking of his hands on her makes me want to throw up. "It probably wasn't as bad as you think." She says in a comforting tone. "You're probably right." I still can't stop thinking of him pulling at her clothes. My hands curl up into fists at my sides, and I suddenly feel the urge to punch something. "You should go I think I'm gonna go to bed." I mutter, looking up at her for the first time, I realize I don't know her name. "Hey, um what's your name?" I ask. "Isabelle." She says, "But my friends call me Izzy." I manage to smile. "We'll Izzy I would love to see you again sometime." I offer. "Me too, and if you need to talk just tell me." Then she walks out shutting the door behind her.

I crawl onto my bed and close my eyes hoping to fall asleep quickly.