Chapter 25

(Josh)

I walk up the steps to our apartment and unlock the door to find Jen standing in the kitchen looking at the oven. I take my shoes off and my jacket and throw the jacket on the couch. "Hey." I wrap my arms around her waist from behind. "Hey." She sounds tired. "What are you cooking?" I look at the timer on the oven that's says 5 minutes left. "Pizza." She doesn't look away from the timer. "How was filming?" She asks, turning around with my arms still around her. "It was okay. I missed having you on set though." I say. "I'll be there next week and if you want you can sneak into my trailer." She suggests, smiling. The oven beeps and I take my hands off her. "Why don't you go sit down I'll get it." I grab the oven mitt from the counter and turn off the oven.

She goes and sits down on the couch, putting her feet up on the coffee table, kicking over an empty coke can. "Here." I hand her a piece of pizza and throw the can into the trash like its a basketball. I grab my pizza and sit down next to her. "How was your day?" I ask, looking over at her. "It was okay. I cleaned the bathroom and called my mom." She finishes her pizza. "What'd you talk to your mom about?" I ask, scooting closer to her and looking at her short wavy hair. "Just stuff." She sounds upset. "Is something wrong?" I ask. "No I'm fine. I'm just gonna go lay down its getting kinda late." She says, running her fingers through her hair and looking at the clock. Then she gets up and walks into the bed room.

Seeing I have nothing else to do I walk back there with her and sit down on the bed with her. I pull her into my lap and pull the blankets over us a little and start playing with her hair. She kisses me softly ruffling my hair a little, "love you Josh." She lays her head on my chest. " I love you too." I say. After laying with her awhile I ask "Do you wanna go get in the shower with me?" She moves away from me and puts her arms over her chest, "I'm not really in the mood right now." I hear a buzzing noise and look over at the bedside table I see her phone with Nick's number flashing on the screen. "Did he call you earlier is that what's wrong?" I grab the phone. "No I mean he did but I didn't answer. He called my mom and was telling her about how he wants to get back together and stuff." She presses the end button on her phone and makes it stop vibrating. "You don't want to get back together with him do you?" I ask. "No of course not. I mean I don't know." She covers her face with her hands. "Well let me know when you find out." I mumble, walking out. I slam the door closed but I can still hear her crying.

A/N: I had like 50 feels attacks writing this. 😭