Chapter 17

Chapter 17

{Isabella}
I groan softly as the sun streams in through the window, landing directly on my eyes. "Just my luck......" I mumble softly as I look up at the ceiling. I pull myself up slowly and look around the room. The bed that I'm in is empty except for me which is odd. "Ashton? Ashton where are you?" I call out and look around the room. I get out of bed and stretch before I walk out of the bedroom.

I walk down the hall and see Mr. William in the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen to see Mr. William, Ashton, and André sitting at a table talking amongst each other. I walk over to Ashton and wrap my arms around the back of his neck and kiss his neck softly. He looks at me quickly and kisses my cheek softly. "Good morning baby girl. Why are you up so early?" He asks and I look at him oddly. "Early? What time is it?" I ask as I sit next to him.

"It's a quarter after five baby girl.  You usually wake up a lot later." He replies and I shrug. "I haven't been able to sleep much, especially with everything going on right now." I ask as I yawn and rub my eyes lazily. "Good morning Mr. William and André." I say quietly as Ashton pulls me onto his lap. "Good morning Isabella. Want some coffee?" André asks and I shake my head. "I prefer tea," I reply and turn my attention to Mr. William, "Will you please make me a cup of tea? I don't wanna mess anything up." I ask Mr. William and he nods his head.

"Of course. It's nice to see that you aren't spoiled like someone I know." Mr. William replies and glares at André. André blushes and chuckles. "I love you too William." He replies and Mr. William throws a newspaper at the back of André's head. I laugh as it hits him and Ashton chuckles. He pulls me into his lap and I squeal. He kisses the back if my neck and I blush. He laughs and puts his head on my shoulder. Mr. William hands me a cup of tea and a few scones. I smile and hug him tightly. "Thank you so much Mr. William. What kind of tea and scones have you given me?" I ask. He hugs me back and smiles.

"It's blueberry and pomegranate tea with a few blueberry scones. It'll give you some energy." Mr. William says and I nod my head. "Thank you so much," I tell Mr. William while Ashton eats a scone. "This taste like a biscuits." Ashton says and I laugh. "A scone is like an English biscuit, Ash. They're cut into triangles and served at tea time." I explain to him as I drink my tea. He looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "How do you know?" He asks and I shrug and keep drinking my tea. "I went to the United Kingdom a few years ago and tea time is a big deal to them." I take a bite of a scone and smile. "These are really good, Mr. William. Thank you so much for making these scones and tea for me. I'm really grateful for you doing this." I say as I put up the dishes.

"Where have you been all of my years as André's butler? You're so mannerful and respectful. Thank you so much for appreciating me." Mr. William says and André glares at me jokingly. "You're making me look bad, Isabella." He says and I laugh. "I'm sorry André, maybe you should be more appreciative of Mr. William here." I say as Ashton stands up. "Go get dressed baby girl. I'm taking you to school then work." Ashton says and I look at him like he's crazy. "You can't do that. It'd be safer for the both of us if I go to school by myself." I say to him and he looks at me like I'm crazy. "Are you crazy?" He asks and I nod my head.

I go to the room that I'm staying in and throw on a pair of tights and a sweater then my converse. (I meant to say uniform...go with it) I comb my hair then put on a beanie. I walk back out and grab my mini backpack before I go back into the kitchen. "Before you start to say anything, I'm going to be just fine. I'll hang out with my friends then come straight back home, but I'll wait for you." I say quietly as I check my backpack for money. "Isabella, I'm not going to argue with you. You're going to come to school with me, and I'm going to take you back home immediately. I'm trying to keep you safe, and I'm going to." He says in a deathly, low tone and walks off.

Me being me, I follow him. "Ashton.....it's my life. I should be allowed to live it." I say to his back as I follow him. "I honestly don't care, Isabella. It was your bright idea to go and punch a gang leader in his nose. Now you have to suffer the consequences." He snaps and I blink once. I blink twice. Then repeat. "Excuse you? You don't care?" I ask slowly and he turns around to face me. "Baby girl I didn't mean it like that..." He says quickly and I roll my eyes and laugh dryly. "Yeah, I'm sure you didn't. Since you wanna make such a big deal about it, I'll be waiting for you in your car." I snap at him then walk to his car without another word.