Chapter 21

{Isabella}  

     I quickly make my way over to the address and frown as I look up at the old and seemingly abandoned building. I cut off my car and slowly get out and walk up the door slowly. I knock on it and wait a few minutes before I knock again. "It's already opened! Just come in!" A rough voice shouts and I walk into the building, covering my mouth. The building itself is dimly lit and there's graffiti everywhere along with a disgusting smell that I can't distinguish from all the other foul stenches. 

     I walk further into the building and the deeper that I go, the brighter it gets. After about a minute of walking, I come into a room that's brightly lit and has couches and chairs everywhere. "I'm looking for the leader of your little group. He should have a crooked nose." I ask timidly as the group of older looking men glare at me. "Why do you wanna know sweetheart? A pretty little thing like yourself shouldn't be anywhere near here." One of them say and he looks to be about 23 or 24 by the lines in his face. "Just tell me where he is, okay? I need to talk to him." I snap out as a reply and he sneers at me. "Why don't you talk to us? We won't hurt you...unless you want us to." He says with a wink and I roll my eyes in annoyance. 

     "Listen here you creep, I'm only looking for your idiotic leader, got it? Show me where he is and I won't beat you within an inch of your life. Deal?" I snap out and he laughs darkly and I sigh. "I'm over this. Good luck dealing with the cops, you jerks." I say before I start to leave the room. The one talking to me before grabs me by the top of my arm and pulls me into his chest. "Now why would say such a rude thing like that? We just wanted to have a little fun with you, cutie." He says as he roughly grabs my chin and makes me look at him. 

     "Now, now, now boys. Let's treat our guest with some respect. She's obviously here for a reason, now let's hear her out." A different voice says and we all turn our heads to look at him. He's the guy from my ruined garden date. He's tall with cropped black hair and piercing blue eyes. His nose is crooked from meeting my knee but other than that he looks perfectly normal, with his soft face that still looks masculine. "I'm here for you, and I'd like to have a word if you have time. From what I've seen, you've got plenty." I say as I pull my arm away from the creep. 

     "Well then, let's talk then. Follow me." He says and I nod my head as I follow him. I glare at the creep who slowly sits down and goes back to his previous conversation with the other thugs before I interrupted. I follow the "leader" as he goes down a hallway then another hallway. "May I ask your name, little thing?" He asks as he keeps walking, looking back to make sure that I'm still following him. "It's Isabella, and I'm not little. Yours?" I reply as I continue to follow him. He finally stops and opens a door. "It's Connor. Now come inside." Connor says and I nod my head as I walk inside.  

     I take a seat in a chair and watch him as he slowly stalks to his chair on the other side of the desk that separated. He leans against the table and glares at me with a slight curiosity in his eyes before he smiles. "You seem like you could be of some fun, but you're feisty. I like that about you but I hope you won't give me any trouble." He says and I roll my eyes as I cross my arms over my chest. "Look here dude, I just want you and your gang to leave Ashton alone. He hasn't done anything to you guys, and should be left alone." I say and he glares at me once again but it's a lot colder this time.

     "I can't do that. He made an oath that he backed out of. It's not that easy to just up and leave." He says and I roll my eyes again. "Why jump him then? What point would that prove to anyone? Was it to make you feel better about yourself?" I inquire as I glare at him. He shakes his head gently as he looks at me with a knowing smile. "Oh little one...I'm afraid that you've missed the point entirely." He replies as a little chuckle leaves his chapped lips. "And what would be said point?" I ask through gritted teeth. "It's you. I jumped him because of you. I can't let a little thing like you give me a broken nose, and there not be any repercussions." He says darkly and I slowly start to sit up straighter, ready to make a dash towards the door and out of this awful place.

     "Why not just get me? Why hurt him?" I say and watch as he shrugs casually. "What was that expression...ah. Kill two birds with one stone. It's much easier to deal with you than him." He comments smugly and I lean forward to look him in the eye. "I believe your broken nose would have to disagree." I reply with just as much smug and he growls lowly. "How about I fight you for him. If I win, you have to get out of town and take your business elsewhere." I state calmly and he nods his head. "Fair enough, but if I win you're mine. You come with me and work for me. Deal?" He says as he holds out a calloused hand. I take a deep breath and shake it. "Deal." I reply, seeling my faith.