Chapter 18

{Isabella}

     Ashton gets in the car about twenty to thirty minutes after me and sighs as he looks at me. "Are you still mad at me? I told you that I didn't mean it that way." He says and I shrug my shoulders. He puts the car in drive and groans as he starts to drive to school. "I do believe that you should live your life, and I intend on living my life. The problem is that you are my life, Isabella. If you were to die because I couldn't protect you, I don't know what I'd do with myself." He says as he holds my hand while driving and I look at him. "I have so many things that I wanna do with my life, but I don't wanna do them with anyone but you." He says and I sigh and look at him. 

     "I understand that Ashton and it's really sweet, but you can't just go around saying that you don't care about my personal endeavors and what not." I tell him and he smiles before he understand what I said then frowns. "I know and I'm sorry Isabella, but at least you're talking to me." He says as his smile returns and he kisses my check. "Can I call my parents?" I ask as I pull my phone out. "Yeah. That's safe." He replies and I nod my head before I dial the number. "Good morning mom!" I reply as she picks up the phone. "Isabella? Where are you?" She asks through the phone and I look at Ashton. "Ashton is taking me school. You didn't hear me tell you that?" I ask as I think of a lie quickly. "Oh, okay. I just wanted to make sure that you're still getting a education." She replies and I sigh to myself. "Where's dad? Is he okay?" I ask as play with my beanie. "Your father is fine Bella. He's making us some coffee right now." She replies and I sigh inwardly again. "Okay. Tell him that I said hey and I'll call you guys after school." I reply and hung the phone. 

     "How are they?" Ashton asks and I smile to myself. "They're fine. Thanks for asking." I reply and he nods his head. "That's good. I won't be at school until a little later." He says and I look at him oddly. "What do you mean 'won't be at school until a little later'? Where are you going?" I ask as he pulls into the school parking lot. "I have to go and handle some business that needs to be taken care of." He says as he puts the car in park and looks at me. "I'm guessing that you can't tell me what that 'business' is, can you? I ask as I look at him and he shakes his head. "It's better if you don't know what's going on." He replies and I nod my head. "Okay. Just promise me that you'll be okay." I reply and he nods his head as he pulls me into a kiss that's soft but passionate. 

     I pull away and get out of the car but stick my head in the car. "Assuming that you'll be back before lunch, will you get me something to eat for lunch from McDonald's?" I ask and he laughs and nods his head as he kisses me one more time. "Sure thing baby girl, but be on your best behavior." Ashton replies as he pulls out of the parking lot. I walk over to Selena who just got out of a car before it pulled off quickly. "Good morning Selena." I say as she pulls me into a hug. "Hey Isabella. Where's Ashton? He always follows you around." She says as we pull away and I sigh. "He said that he had business to handle." I reply and she nods her head. "So does Dennis. He said that he had to go help Ashton and said that he'll be back later." She explains and I laugh. "I guess that you're stuck with me." I say as I throw my arm around her neck and she laughs. "Lucky me." She says with sarcasm evident in her tone. 

     Selena, Hazel, Alex, Jada, Karis, and I spend most of the morning together. "Has anyone gotten a text from the guys yet?" I ask and we all check our phones. "Nope," they all reply in unison with a monotone and bored voice. I sigh and groan as my head falls on the desk. "I wish that they'd hurry up and come to school already. It's almost lunch and they could be hurt." I manage to get out as we all sit there pouting. "You know what? I'm going to call Ashton and ask them what's going on." I say as I sit up and look at the teacher who looks just as bored as we do. I pull out my phone again and dial Ashton's number. 

     "Yes Bella? What do you need?" Ashton asks as he picks up the phone. "Where are you? The girls and I have been sitting here and waiting on you guys to hurry up and come to school already." I reply as I put my feet up on the desk and watch the other girls look at me expectantly. "We all got held up with something. No need to worry." He replies and I laugh dryly. "No need to worry? No need to worry? You said that you guys would be back soon. It's a lot past soon. You guys have been gone for about four hours! It's almost noon." I tell him and hear him sigh on the other end. "Are you upset because I haven't brought you your food yet?" Ashton asks and I start to loose it. "A little bit, but I'm more upset that you haven't been here all day and I've been stuck with dumb teachers and the girls and I have been bored all day." I reply and hear a knock on Ashton's end. "Get the door Dennis!" Ashton shouts then turns his attention back to me. "We'll be there soon, okay?" He says before I hear a gunshot and the phone goes dead on Ashton's end.