Chapter 20

Chapter 20 

{Isabella} 

     The first place that I go to after leaving the mansion is the gym that Pop's owns. "Pops! I need to see you!" I shout as I storm into the building. "Isabella! What can I do for you today?" He asks as he pulls me into a quick hug. "I need your help Pops. Do you know the name of the gang that Ashton used to run with?" I ask as we pull away from the hug. His face turns from a happy expression to a sad one as he looks at me. "Why would you wanna know that?" He asks and I shake my head. "I don't have time to explain. I just need to know who it is." I ask as I became increasingly desperate to know. "More to the point Pop's, please just tell me where they live," I ask. 

     With a heavy sigh, Pop's walks into his office and closes the door while I stand there and wait. After about a minute or so, he comes back with a little piece of paper held tightly in his hand. He presses the piece of paper into the palm of my hand and stares into my eyes as he says, "Be careful, please. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to you." I nod my head and hug him quickly. "I promise and thank you," I say as I give him a small and hopeful smile. He nods his head and gives me a hopeful smile and I walk out of the gym as I look at the address on the piece of paper. I get into my car and give Selena a quick call. She picks up on the first ring. 

     "Selena? Is everyone alright?" I ask as I put my phone on speaker and type the address into my GPS. "Everyone's at the hospital. Ashton and the others are in surgery. Where are you?" She asks as I start to drive. "Um...I got held up. There's something that I have to do, but I'll be back as soon as I possibly can." I say to her as I focus on the GPS and the road. I know that I'm lying to my friend and I feel awful about it, but not awful enough to tell her what I'm about to do. She'd have a fit and tell Ashton who'd just follow me and end up getting himself killed. "Is something going on Isabella? What aren't you telling me?" She asks and I bite my lip and think of a lie to tell her. "Nothing's going on Selena. If there was I'd tell you, wouldn't I? It's honestly nothing important." I tell her over the phone, silently hoping that she'll stop asking. "Well okay then. I'll call you when Ashton gets out of surgery, okay?" She says and I nod my head. "Okay. Thank you, Selena. Love you." I say as I make a left turn. "Love you too Bell. Bye." I say and she ends the call. 

{Selena} 

     "Does anyone know where Isabella said she was going?" I ask as I turn to face Karis and Jada. "No. I didn't even know that she was gone." Jada says and Karis nods her head in agreement. "Well, we need to go find her. I don't know where she's going, but I do know that she just lied to me." I say to them as I get up from my chair. "How do you know? She probably did have something to go and do." Karis says and I look at her with an "are you serious right now?" expression. "Really? She'd leave Ashton in the hospital while he's in surgery because she had a few errands to run? Would you do that?" I ask and Karis slowly shakes her head. "Well, you do make a good point. Where could she have gone?" She asks and I shrug my shoulders. "I have no idea honestly. I doubt that she would go home at a time like this. I did hear a GPS in the background while I was on the phone with her." 

     "Well let's go then," Jada says and I roll my eyes with a slight laugh at her eagerness. "Do you know where she was going?" I ask her and she blushes a deep ruby red before she shakes her head. "No." She replies and I sit back down. "How are we going to find her?" I ask as I look at them. We're all sitting there trying to think when Jada jumps up like she's found the cure to cancer. "I've got it! Let's go to where she and Ashton normally go to. She wouldn't go anywhere without him." She says and Karis and I nod our heads in agreement. "That's a great idea Jada. Let's go." I say as we all go outside and wait for a cab. "One of us has to stay here for when the boys get out of surgery," I say and Karis raises her hand. "I'll stay here. I'm not really one of the adventuring types." She offers and I nod my head. 

     We get into the cab and I tell the driver to take us to Isabella's house. "What if she went to go find the guys who shot Ashton?" Jada suggests and I nod my head. "I wouldn't put it past her," I say and the rest of the girls all nod their heads solemnly. "So what are we going to do if she's not at home?" Jada asks and I shrug my shoulders. "Call the police I guess. It's not like either of us can fight like she can, nevertheless shoot a gun." I say but Jada shakes her head. "I can shoot a gun actually. I wanted to learn as a birthday present a few years ago so my parents took me to a range." She explains and I nod my head. "Impressive but we're still going to call the police. I'm not trying to die before I get married." I say and she nods her head in agreeance. 

     We get to Isabella's house and see that no one's inside. "Let's go inside just to make sure," I suggest as we get out of the cab and I pay the driver. I walk ahead of Jada as we go inside the house and look around. "It looks relatively clean. No one's been inside or ransacked it which is good." I comment as we get into the kitchen and go up the stairs to get to Isabella's room. "Looks like everything's okay from the house's perspective," I say as I sit on Isabella's bed to catch my breath. "Do you think Isabella's going to be okay?" Jada asks me and I sigh as I give her a hopeful smile. "Of course she will, there's nothing she can't do," I say to give her a little encouragement. "I know that, but she's all alone with no one to help her," Jada says and I shake my head. "She has us. She'll be okay." I say to reassure us both and Jada nods her head with a hopeful but fearful smile.