Chapter 5

"So i was thinking we could all stay at my place tonight?" Ben spoke up to break the silence that we had all been drawn into when Eddie left. We all looked at each other "i can but i'll have to go home first and change" Richie added.

They all nodded and stood up. "Im going to go with Bill to his then we'll make our way to you" Stanley added picking his bag up. Bill agreed as he picked up his bag and they walked out. "Alright Richie see you in a bit" Ben waved before walking out with Beverly.

Richie picked up his bag and walked outside before making his way to the woods. He likes to walk through the woods, its the most calming part of the town. He just has a lot of time to think. Although that never normally goes well.

He ducked under trees and stepped over rocks before stopping. He could hear distant cries which brought a concerned look to his face considering no body ever comes through the woods. They were seen as dangerous but Richie wasn't phased by them.

"what the fuck..." he mumbled to himself and turned off to follow them. Every step he took he could hear the cries get louder so he picked up the pace until he was practically running towards them.

He stopped as his jaw dropped open. There he was. Eddie Kaspbrak. Curled up by a tree inhaling from his inhaler trying to breathe. Richie chucked his bag down and quickly attended the beat up boy. "Eddie?" He placed a hand on his shoulder causing Eddies eyes to shoot open.

"R-richie?" He said shakily. Richie nodded and sat him up. "Are you alright?" Eddie shook his head "you gonna tell me what happened?" Richie added not getting a response. "Okay then...need someone to take you home?" He watched Eddie take another inhale from his inhaler before shaking his head "i-i can't go home" he added.

A frown formed on Richies face before he sat down in front of the small boy with his legs crossed. "Why not?" Eddie looked at him before looking down "my mum. She'll kill me if she finds out i got bea- i fell over aga-" he got cut off. "Rule 1. Don't lie to me" Eddie sighed "Henry and his friends don't like me very much.." Richie stood up offering a hand out to him. "Well lets get you back to mine and clean you up" Eddie looked up quickly

"No no no you don't ha-"

"Eddie shut up, get up and come with me" he demanded. Nobody says no to Richie and if they do, Richie doesn't accept it. He slowly took Richies hand and stood up before brushing himself down. He could barely stand on his own two feet let alone walk to wherever Richies house was.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I tried