Chapter 16

Richie sat on the chair going into deep thought but acted like he was watching the film. He didn't know what to do. Fighting with Eddie was breaking him. He didn't understand why. The curly haired boy looked at Stanley and Bill sighing. He couldn't be gay and this definitely wasn't any Romeo and Juliet even though hes known Eddie for what feels like forever now. His mind was confused but he knew damn well what his heart wanted.

Stanley had looked his way before frowning. "Guys i think we should go. Richie looks tired" Richies eyes glued onto Stans in a pleading look as Richie really didn't know what to do.

Stanley smiled as if to say you do what feels right but it just caused Richie to frown. Beverly and Ben stood up and said their goodbyes before leaving. Stanley and Bill were next to go. "You just shout me if you need me Rich alright?" Richie nodded "bye Billy Boi" Bill smiled "bye tras-trashmouth"

Richie watched them exit and turned off the film. He sat there in nothing but complete silence.

The door suddenly opened and Richie shot up. "Eddie?!" He ran into the hallway and a smile spread across his lips. "Mum! And-" but before he could finish his little sister, who is only 5, was running up to hug him. Richie picked her up and squeezed her tightly. "I missed you Holls"

His mum smiled settling the suitcases by the staircase. "Wheres dad?" Richie added putting Holly down. His mother looked at him opening her arms. "He's gone to get dinner" Richie walked over and gave his mom a hug. "I missed you" she mumbled into his hair before smiling.

"Were you okay on your own?" Richie froze before nodding. "Good. Im going to unpack would you mind bathing your sister?" She pouted as if to say please. Richie rolled his eyes and turned to face Holly. "Last one upstairs is the loser" she giggled and ran upstairs first.

"Thank you Richie." His mother smiled at him before she walked over to the suitcases. Richie ran upstairs after Holly and caught her wrapping his arms around her "alright i gotchu" he laughed letting her go "i win!" She jumped up and down clapping her hands. He nodded "oh yeah but we all know im the loser anyway."

She nodded in agreement "now go get some clean pyjamas from your bedroom and i'll meet you in the bathroom" he stood up straight "with bubbles?" She said softly. Richie nodded as keeping his sister happy really mattered to him. His parents were at the constant stage of arguing and he just wants to play the big brother part so Holly doesn't get stuck in the middle.

The tall boy watched Holly skip off into her bedroom before going into the bathroom. He started running the bath just how she likes it and added as many bubbles as he could.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Big brother Richie at your service